• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR1911 with KEF1005.2

Megaskud

Standard Member
My brother has a home cinema system set up in his house, but he is richer than me, so can afford better components... His set up consists of the Denon AVR1911 amp and the KEF2005.3 speakers.

It sounds amazing and I would like to be able to purchase the same system, but it's financially not viable.

How much difference would there be if I was to use the AVR1911 and the KEF1005.2 speakers. I have read contrasting reviews and reports, some say it would work nicely - others say that it's a poor combination and others at the same price can offer far more.

As you can tell, it's all new to me this, so would appreciate any helpful comments and advice.

Cheers!

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I've never really been a fan of the cheap Kef eggs, so would be more inclined to go for the Q-Acoustics 1010i setup that Richer Sounds still have in limited stocks for £250. It's in-store only.

If you're going with the Kef eggs, perhaps going down to the AVR1611 receiver. The AVR1911 is without question the better amp but would need better speakers to get the best out of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom