• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR1910 - misses some audio after a pause

hymerman

Standard Member
Hi all,

I've been having a minor problem with audio with my Denon AVR1910 for a while - after any silence of 4 or more seconds (or thereabouts), there seems to be a short 'warming up' period where sound isn't played. It's most noticeable with short, sharp sounds, such as those for navigation through the xbox 360's menus. If I leave it for a few seconds then scroll, the sound effect just doesn't play at all. If I leave it for a few seconds then scroll a few items, only the first and sometimes second menu sounds are missed, depending on how quickly I scroll. Then it plays all menu sounds until I stop scrolling for another few seconds, at which point it 'resets' and this weird delay happens again.

I've always put it down to the xbox being weird/broken, but I've just connected a HTPC to the amp and the exact same thing happens with the menu sounds on XBMC.

It's not only menu sounds of course, it's all sounds, it's just most noticeable with menu sounds since they're short enough to be totally ignored by the delay.

Both my xbox and HTPC are connected by HDMI. I have a pair of Acoustic Energy Neo 3 speakers connected to the amp.

Any idea what's going on? Have any of you had similar problems? I've searched around and couldn't find anything that sounded similar, so any information you have will be greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom