1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR1906 Vs CA AZUR 540R

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Cyber Hamster, Oct 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Cyber Hamster

Cyber Hamster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im hoping to buy a new AV in the next few months with a price range of £200-£300 ish, I will be hooking it up to my PC for music and gaming.....

Ive boiled it down to 2 AVs the CA AZUR 540R and the Denon 1906 and was wondering which one was the better out of the 2 and how they compare against each other. If any one can shed some light on these 2 that would be great :thumbsup:

2. heavenly93

heavenly93

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did the same comparing when looking for a AV amp for my girlfriend, we ended up with the Cambridge. More 'spartan' than the Denon(s) we looked at, but in the end she (and I) are very happy with it. Actually first got a Nad L70 with DVD build in, but that player had a lot of problems with cdr's. Traded it in. The Cambrdge sounded quite a bit beter than the Nad L70.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the 540R sounds better than the 1905 so i would assume it still sounds better than the 1906.

One word to describe the cambridge is "pure", not many DSPs etc but boy does it sound good.

4. Cyber Hamster

Cyber Hamster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the info :)

5. Radg

Radg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chedmaster what are you basing this on as i heard the 1906 is a vast upgrade on the 1905. Especially in processing/power etc?

6. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    like i said, i assume. ive not heard the 1906, but i cant imagine it bridging the gap to be honest, especially music wise. :)