dplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have setup my new AVR1906 today. The connections are as follows:

DVD: S-Video to amp, Coaxial to amp.
Pace Sky box: Two phonos to amp, Scart to TV AV1
Amp: S-Video to RGB Scart to TV AV3

The problem is that when I adjust the volume when using TV as source the volume level doesn't display on the TV screen, like it does on DVD.

Is there a way I can connect it so it does display??

The TV doesn't have any other connections other than scart....

Thanks

Dan

dplayer said:
Hi All,

DVD: S-Video to amp, Coaxial to amp.
Pace Sky box: Two phonos to amp, Scart to TV AV1
Amp: S-Video to RGB Scart to TV AV3

WHen you have the TV as source is the TV set to AV3? Otherwise it will be taking the direct S-Video signal from the pace box on AV1. This has no connection to the amp so will not show the on screen display.

HTH

Yes my TV is set to AV3. If I got a scart to S-Video cable to connect Sky to Amp would this sort it??

Thanks

I believe the Denons will only display the OSD via composite. Certainly my 3803 does this. It won't work via RGB Scart.
To answer your question, yes I believe it would sort it, but it's a backwards step.
The only downer about Denon, I think.

The 1906 on screen display does work on S-Video as well. Just not through component. I think it is do with video overlay not available on component.

I believe it won't work through RGB Scart either, which is probably the problem.
Of course, I could be wrong.

You need to connect your pace box to the TV input on the amp, and then select TV on the Denon remote and AV1 on the TV (I think that's what you said the amp was connected to).

You should then have OSD from the amp for changing the 'TV' volume.

AVR1906 doesn't support OSD on component for the simple reason that the component can various video formats including HD ones, but as a result cant overlay them.

To be able to connect the Pace to the Amp can I use a Scart to S-Video cable, as the amp doesn't have scart input.

Thanks

Does your TV not have the 'three phono' inputs? Yellow, white and red? Usually found underrrr the front panel or on the side.

Virtually all tv's have it, used most commonly for camcorders.

If you have, use this, if not??????

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom