1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR1905 Vs Yamaha RXV450 Whats the best one

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by timmy22, Jan 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. timmy22

timmy22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of buying the Denon AVR1905 or Yamaha RXV450 just really for films,music not important.I am going to use my eltax nova speakers for now with the amp.Will i need a new sub as it just has the same two wires as the rest of the speakers or is there a way to use it.

http://www.eltax.com/products/salgelektronik.php?varenr=11027
    (speakers specs)

2. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    timmy22,

Not sure regarding the eltx nova speakers and the wires, but I do know that there should be a few owners of eltax speaker packages, hopefully they will notice this thread when I push it to the front again. You could also try ask in the speakers section.

Regarding the amp, both are excellent choices. But guessing that your budget is up to £230? I probably would recommend you look at the Pioneer VSX-D814 for £220 from www.Petertyson.co.uk or www.prcdirect.co.uk .

Very dynamic, powerful, controlled and feature rich amp with the added bonus of automatic room calibration (basic system that with help of a microphone adjusts the delay times, speaker size, speaker volume etc) which is very practical indeed.

Wasabi

3. SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the D is slightly underpowered to what your lookign at. To get a bad ass unit i woudl reccomend a 2+ line of the denon. as last posted check out other cheaper brands that will get you more "bang for the buck" when it comes to sheer uhmph since your prolly not audiophile'n it but just want a "bad ass movie sound" with a different amp you will get more power output

or just spend a few mroe and get the next Denon up.

however for the kids reading at home the 1905 is a VERY good amp if you are thinking of buying it. (i personaly jsut use it for the switching and dont even use the onboard amp) I LOVE it (for such purpose)