Denon AVR1905 question

S

StevieC

I currently have a Sony DAV-500 cinema system and wondered if the speakers from this would be compatible with a Denon AVR system?

Do you know the impedance on the DAV-500s?
Denon recommends 6-16 ohms.
Also a power handling of around 80W would be good.
What connections do these speakers have?

Speakers are 6 ohm 98W (according to specification sheet).

The connection is a plastic push in plug at the DAV-500 end and stripped wire into push block at speaker side.

you'll probably have to cut the push plug off and connect the bare wires to the denon

Not a problem to do that .. is the back of the Denon the push style connector blocks that would take a bared wire??

Hang on don't cut anything! Do the satelittes wire up via the sub?

Eddy Boy said:
Hang on don't cut anything! Do the satelittes wire up via the sub?

I'm a bit green at amplifier stuff and I'm not sure what you mean?

StevieC said:
Not a problem to do that .. is the back of the Denon the push style connector blocks that would take a bared wire??

The back of the Denon has the screw out plastic plugs that you poke a bare wire into then screw back in.

I have the 1905 and have for now used my cheap panny speakers that came with an all in one home cinema package. Actually sounds pretty good but the new Wharfedale SW150 sub might just be a big part of it! :D

Hope this helps. Lazz

if you're satellites wire up via the sub it might mean you have to lose your sub as it probably would then have a strange connection to the amp

is that why you say that, Eddy?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom