Denon avr1905 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nikm, Feb 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nikm

nikm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a denon 1905 reciever and wharfdale moviestar 60+ spreaker package from superfi and although I have managed to get the sats working alright I cant seem to get the sub to function. I have followed the instructions in wiring it up correctly (I think!) but there doesnt seem to be a signal reaching it. It will emit a sound on test mode but during a dvd it is silent. On the back of the sub theres a button that can be pressed that will automatically switch the sub to standby when it is not recieving a signal - this is what it does while playing a dvd. Please help before I have to take a sledge hammer to it!

2. rondun

rondun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you sure subwoofer is set to yes in the menu

3. nikm

nikm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah ive think ive covered the more obvious settings. are there any more subtle settings that i may of missed that is preventing the signal from reaching the sub?

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +887
    I had a problem with my system when I first set it up that the signal from the amp occasionally was not sufficient for the sub to note and so it was staying in standby mode.

I fixed this by reducing the volume on the sub but increasing the level on the amp going to the sub - since doing this I havent had any problems - though of cause you could switch off the autostandby on the sub but I couldnt be bothered remembering to turn the sub on and off each time I used to AVR

5. Diamond

Diamond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set your speakers as small, and from disc's menu: DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1. Then check your amp's mode is auto/DD/etc. It needs some volume to go on also.