Denon avr1905 problem

N

nikm

Just bought a denon 1905 reciever and wharfdale moviestar 60+ spreaker package from superfi and although I have managed to get the sats working alright I cant seem to get the sub to function. I have followed the instructions in wiring it up correctly (I think!) but there doesnt seem to be a signal reaching it. It will emit a sound on test mode but during a dvd it is silent. On the back of the sub theres a button that can be pressed that will automatically switch the sub to standby when it is not recieving a signal - this is what it does while playing a dvd. Please help before I have to take a sledge hammer to it!

N

nikm

yeah ive think ive covered the more obvious settings. are there any more subtle settings that i may of missed that is preventing the signal from reaching the sub?

Astaroth

I had a problem with my system when I first set it up that the signal from the amp occasionally was not sufficient for the sub to note and so it was staying in standby mode.

I fixed this by reducing the volume on the sub but increasing the level on the amp going to the sub - since doing this I havent had any problems - though of cause you could switch off the autostandby on the sub but I couldnt be bothered remembering to turn the sub on and off each time I used to AVR

D

Diamond

Set your speakers as small, and from disc's menu: DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1. Then check your amp's mode is auto/DD/etc. It needs some volume to go on also.