1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR1905 or ex demo Nad T743?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Melter, Apr 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Melter

Melter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently have a Denon AVR1905 on order but have been told it won't be in stock until end of April/beginning of May. I've now been offered an ex demo Nad T743 for £250 inc delivery.

Does that sound like a bargain?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the comparisons of these receivers? If it helps I'd be using the receiver with some new AE Aesprits and my preference is for music over movies.

I spent a lot of time deciding on the Denon before ordering and I was happy (just) to wait for it so I have to be sure if I'm to change my mind now. Thanks.

2. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If music is your preference, then the NAD. I wouldn't say a bargain, as if you don't like the "sound" of the NAD or the fact that is a 5.1 amp, then no matter what price you get is for, you still want be happy. But potentially, the NAD will be the better amp in stereo

If possible, a demo is required.

3. Melter

Melter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Demo out of the question really. From what I've read the Nad has a warm sound which is probably more to my taste than a brighter sounding amp. I don't think 5.1 will be a prob as I only have the fronts and centre speaker at the moment anyway and it's unlikely I'll be able to add anymore speakers for a while.

Anyone think my Aesprits will be a good match for the Nad?

4. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    No experience with the NAD and Aesprits. But I think they would be appreciate the better quality amp and power supply of the NAD.

The sensitivity of the speakers maybe an issue, but the quoted figues of the NAD will be "all channels driven", whereas the Denon will never achieve their power rating.

5. Melter

Melter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I decided to take the deal, at that price I think it's worth a punt. I also took a chance with the speakers because of the great deal that AE have on at the moment. I will now have a setup that would normally be well out of my price range which can't be bad.

Anyone else got the Nad who can offer some advice on things to check when it arrives as mine is an ex demo model?