Denon AVR1707 + MS Premiere Plus Pack, Low Volume problems

junglist_jay

Standard Member
Hi i am new here and new to home cinemas.
I recently purchased a Denon AVR-1707 & the maudaunt Short Premier plus pack from peter tyson. I came with QED speaker cable which i have checked and is all wired "in phase" (the amp tells me anyway if a speaker is out of phase) but i do not get any sound out of the speakers untill -40db (out of 80). At first i thought it may be the Optical cable from my sky+ box but it is the same from any source i use, be it PS2, DVD player or the Sky plus box.

I have spoken to Mordaunt Short. Who have kindly explained that the running in period will increase the clarity and range of the speakers, but is highly unlikly to effect volume, and warned not to turn them up to loud.

I am worried i may damage my new speakers, as to be able to clearly here the centre channel i have to have the amp on -12db and people can still talk over it.

I used to have an old Kenwood amp (about 10 years old) paired with a pair of JBL TLX151 speakers from which i could here sound on the lowest possible volume and at -12db would be holding my ears.

Please help as i am tearing my hair out, is this normal or do i have a problem with one of my new toys?

thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom