1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR1705 vs Pio VSX-D514...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by blackmanalishi, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a cheap (sub-£200) but effective receiver, and have been looking at the Pio VSX-D514S (£150) and Denon AVR1705 (£180).

I'm planning to connect Xbox/GameCube/PS2 via Component or Composite and DVD/Sky+ via SCART which will go into my Panny plasma, and would like some advice on which of these two receivers would be most appropriate - or if there are others which would be more suitable for a similar price.

Thanks in advance...

2. SMooV

SMooV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never played with the Pioneer, but recently purchased the Denon AVR1705.....The canines chuckies!!

Has all the connections you need, and excellent value.

Si. :thumbsup:

3. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i believe the 1705 only has two component inputs and one output so you won't be able to connect all 3 via component. not sure if that is the same for the pioneer. i think the denon is considerably better from the reviews i've read, for both music and movies
    what speakers are you pairing it with?

4. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I eventually plumped for the JVC THS5 which had just about everything I needed in a low-end system - component out, SCART, optical in, phono in etc.

I then connected the speakers from my Pio DCS 323 as they were already on the walls and the sound is superb.