Denon AVR-X6500H Owners Thread

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TL24, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM.

1. TL24

TL24

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +13
      Seeing how this unit is still fairly new I haven't been able to find a thread on it yet so I thought I'd start one up. I just recently purchased the AVR-X6500H and so far it's been a beast as advertised.

Here's my current setup.
      • A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X6500H
      • Front Left/Right Speakers: Martin Logan Motion 40's (bi-amp)
      • Center: Martin Logan Motion 50XT (bi-amp)
      • Surround: Polks (not sure which ones as they were left behind from the previous home owner)
      • Sub: Martin Logan Dynamo 700
      Let me know what you guys think of this receiver and what you're currently running!

2. dante01

dante01
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +10,416
      Why are you bi-amping the speakers? There's little if any point to this given that an AV receiver can only be configured to passively bi-amp and has no ability to instigate active bi-amping. All you are effectively doing is starving other channels of power. You'd probably not even need that power if already employing the receiver's bass management to divert the harder to handle lower frequencies away from the passive speakers and out to the active sub to deal with.

Given that the X6500 is an 11 channel receiver, what are your eventual intentions as to the speakers you want to drive within your setup. Are you adding more speakers in order to exploit the receiver's Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D capabilities? This is why most people will be buying this model rather than its ability to bi-amp speakers with those additional channels of amplification.

3. TL24

TL24

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +13
      Planning on adding more speakers soon (when the wife allows) so that's why I bought the 6500. Decided to bi-amp the fronts and center for the hell of it, I know people have been fighting about whether or not it makes a difference but to me I've noticed slightly better sound reproduction from my speakers since I've made the switch. I'm also not using those channels so that's the reason why I decided to bi-amp my speakers.