Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

Thanks guys, maybe I need to explain myself more clearly to the problem. When I put the tv into stand by after watching any source on the avr the tv then boots back up but always switches on by default to the tv audio input on the avr. I don’t think it’s anything to do with sky as if that was the case it would go onto the sky q Input right?

Thanks guys, maybe I need to explain myself more clearly to the problem. When I put the tv into stand by after watching any source on the avr the tv then boots back up but always switches on by default to the tv audio input on the avr. I don’t think it’s anything to do with sky as if that was the case it would go onto the sky q Input right?

Ah, not to sure what's going on there to be honest.

Sounds as though a connected device is telling the tv to power back on, when it does the tv is then telling the avr to switch to tv audio.

I turn the cec control off on all my devices and use a harmony remote with routines for powering on and off

Hi Guys,
New to forum I have a X4500H headed my way. I already have an established 5.1 setup and looking to go 5.1.2. I have 2 ways I'm debating adding the 2 height channels. Using SVS Prime Elevations to put slightly forward of listening position on the side walls firing downward to listeners or going the ceiling speaker route.
1st anyone have experience with low 7' drop ceiling's best method(in ceiling vs middle high wall downfiring) to take advantage of Atmos?
2nd looking at the manual appears I use the height 1 jacks and there would be a setting to change it to middle. Just wondering middle is ok to use if I go with the heights on the side wall in front of listener(location I chose due to Dolby's suggestion of location).
Thanks!

Is there a way to disable sub 1 and/or sub 2 on the 4500? Only reason for asking is I want to run some sweeps in REW and it makes it easier than getting behind the back of my subs to power them off. Thanks.

Does anyone use eco mode ? I wondered if it changed the sound quality at all?

It is generally suggested not to use the ECO mode. It basically prevents the receiver from using the full potential of its amplification and can drastically effect the headroom you'd have access to:

Last edited:
Me too, I use similar fans, sitting on top of the X4500, and they keep it very cool. Just have to remember to switch them on! Sounds obvious, but I once forgot and the amp got pretty toasty - if they're not on, they're acting as a heat block!

Copy. Does anyone use any kind of usb cooling fans?
Yep, I use a couple of PC fans I had spare and a switch I got from Amazon plugged into a smart plug that sits in AV rack all controlled from my phone.

I do the same, using two PC fans (one on top and one at the back of the AV rack). I spliced the fans in to an old phone charger (or any similar will do). Cheap cooling solution.

My avr is in constant use about 12hrs a day as I use it in conjunction with my tv. I have the fans plugged into my tv's usb and when the tv switches on the fans do too.

Mine sits on top of an open frame unit with glass shelves so has no restriction to ventilation so I don't use any fans. As above, mine is usually on about 12 hours a day.

Son changed the level settings then pressed reset in channel level adjust in the options settings, anyway to get the levels back ?

Son changed the level settings then pressed reset in channel level adjust in the options settings, anyway to get the levels back ?

Retrieving Audyssey® Setup settings

If you set “Restore...” to “Restore”, you can return to Audyssey® Setup measurement result (value calculated at the start by MultEQ® XT32) even when you have changed each setting manually.
GUI AudysseySetup X4200E3

INTEGRATED NETWORK AV RECEIVER
Copyright © 2018 D&M Ho

Retrieving Audyssey® Setup settings

If you set “Restore...” to “Restore”, you can return to Audyssey® Setup measurement result (value calculated at the start by MultEQ® XT32) even when you have changed each setting manually.
GUI AudysseySetup X4200E3

INTEGRATED NETWORK AV RECEIVER
Copyright © 2018 D&M Ho
Thanks for that

Just pulled the trigger on a X4500H :thumbsup: Arriving tomorrow.

Just pulled the trigger on a X4500H :thumbsup: Arriving tomorrow.

Interested to know what you think of it powering your speakers. I have the 4500 and the Monolith 365C + 265's for L&R. I want to get the 365T and move the 265's to the rear. I also have 4 height speakers.

I have the X4500 powering Mono 365T and C + pair of 265's and all up firing drivers wired in so 5.1.4 config.

I have had it up to -2db without any issues at all, no hardening of the sound as you crank the avr up either. You really don't need any more power than the X4500 with the Mono's unless you want to run them at reference for extended periods.

nterested to know what you think of it powering your speakers. I have the 4500 and the Monolith 365C + 265's for L&R. I want to get the 365T and move the 265's to the rear. I also have 4 height speakers.

Will do.. Not going to be connecting them up for a while as still busy with the cinema room but I'm sure I will have a little play to make sure it all works 😜

Once installed I will get somebody in the know commissioned to do the sound calibration for me. Sure I will be able to give you decent feedback then.

first time I made the step up from budget to mid range and I didn’t regret it. Best amp I’ve ever had
Everything I have seen/read/heard make me 100% sure my experience will be the same as yours..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom