Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

Try turning it off for a few mins then back on see if that helps.

I had a similar issue not long ago when using surround. Realised it was the centre channel because dialog levels were very low (listen to music/stereo was absolutely fine) turned out it was one of the copper strands in one of the banana plugs were sticking out/loose on the speaker end. Took this out, terminated and put it back and all was good! To be honest this happened after I took these two cables out to repositioned the centre channel so probably not the cause in your case if speakers haven’t moved/relocated.

I found a loose wire all sounds good cheers for your help guys I feel a bit of a dummy oh live and learn
At least you found it. Are your using bare wire?

The reason I ask is because I had the same problem on my old X6200. I just couldn't tighten the speaker cables down and they kept working loose. Banana plugs sorted the problem.

Anyone using their avr with Siri?

Does anyone know whether you can play lossless flac directly off a USB? I believe the USB port is on the front?

Does anyone know whether you can play lossless flac directly off a USB? I believe the USB port is on the front?
Yes I have them on mine

Are there any banana plugs that are recommended over others ?

Thanks. I have album art jpegs on all of my album folders. Does these have to be a specific size/resolution?
Sorry I don’t know I filled this usb up when I had my last avr and didn’t bother with artwork

Thanks. I have album art jpegs on all of my album folders. Does these have to be a specific size/resolution?

You're not restricted has to the size of the image file by the MP3 ID3 tag, but larger image files included with the files can cause issues for some devices when it comes to reading those files. Denon receivers for example can experience such issues if the files are larger than 500 × 500 pixels (WMA/MP3/WAV/FLAC) or 349 × 349 pixels (MPEG-4 AAC). This is especially the case if the file or files are on a flash drive.

Sorry I don’t know I filled this usb up when I had my last avr and didn’t bother with artwork
No bother. I will give it a go. Do you have to have the TV/monitor on to navigate or does the display On denon shows songs/album/folder names etc

Is there anyway to get the sub to take low frequencies while getting the speakers to spit out multichannel stereo? I have a desk at rear of my lounge that I work at and right next to my surround right speaker. I play Spotify through the 4500 during the working day, but just noticed the sub isn't doing anything. If I switch to another mode the sub kicks in but of course all dialogue is coming through the centre and I just get rear fill form speaker next to me. Any suggestions?

Is there anyway to get the sub to take low frequencies while getting the speakers to spit out multichannel stereo? I have a desk at rear of my lounge that I work at and right next to my surround right speaker. I play Spotify through the 4500 during the working day, but just noticed the sub isn't doing anything. If I switch to another mode the sub kicks in but of course all dialogue is coming through the centre and I just get rear fill form speaker next to me. Any suggestions?

Simply designate all the speakers as being SMALL and set the associated crossovers at the frequency you'd like the receiver to redirect the audio out for the sub to handle.

If not utilising the receiver's own bass management and crossover configurations then the sub would only be utilised if and when an LFE channel is present within the source audio.

You'd ordinarilly be advised to set all speakers as beinf SMALL irrespective of their physical size.

Simply designate all the speakers as beinf SMALL and set the associated crossovers at the frequency you'd like the receiver to redirect the audio out to the sub to handle.

If not utilising the receiver's own bass management and crossover configurations then the sub would only be utilised if and when a LFE channel is present within the source audio.

You'd ordinarilly be advised to set all speakers as beinf SMALL irrespective of their physical size.
Yeah, this is how everything is setup but no sub coming through when multichannel stereo. I presume stereo is literally that: 2.0. So multichannel just pushes 2.0 out across all sides.

The sub absolutely kicks in on any other mode so it's not that I've got a song playing that doesn't go thst low, and it's not an audessey setting either.

But from your repsonse I presume your sub does kick in when set to multichannel stereo?

Bass management is in effect regardless of the mode. The only exception to this would be the PURE DIRECT mode whereby bass management is bypassed.

The speaker size and crossover configurations should still be in effect whilst the MULTICHANNEL STEREO mode is engaged.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom