Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

The clicks which are made by Electro-mechanical relays are a normal function of the unit...are you saying those clicks were louder than 'normal' ? And now after repair ??
Yes, it was definitely a fault. After watching for about an hour changing sources or even just a Sky channel very loud clicks , a lot louder than when turning Receiver on , together with loss of sound.

The clicks which are made by Electro-mechanical relays are a normal function of the unit...are you saying those clicks were louder than 'normal' ? And now after repair ??
\

Such clicks wouldn't ordinarilly be present while switching sources and wouldn't then result in a total loss of sound.

These were the symptoms that prompted garysevern to return the unit for repair.

Just got my x4500 back from Denon UK (courtesy of Richer Sounds) after I complained of loud clicks when changing sources or channels followed by loss of sound. Work Done says. “Digital PCB replaced by SST”. Could any techies here elaborate on that please? To me that just says “circuit board replaced “.

So is a loss of sound a common function of this unit?

\

Such clicks wouldn't ordinarilly be present while switching sources and wouldn't then result in a total loss of sound.

These were the symptoms that prompted garysevern to return the unit for repair.

So is a loss of sound a common function of this unit?
He was very unlucky and let's hope a rare occurrence.

My denon (4500h) ran very hot yesterday. Of course current hot weather and ambient in the room isn’t helping I’m sure. Usually it runs warm which I’m sure it’s pretty standard but yesterday it ran hot. It was hot to touch (but not uncomfortable meaning you could still keep your hand on top grill without burning yourself but it still felt very hot) this was during a 2hr movie running volume levels around 65 on full 7.1.4 Atmos.

I have around 4 inches clearance above and 2-3 on either side and front is completely open but back is not. Also not much clearance on the back.

How hot is too hot? Even though it ran hot, it didn’t go to thermal protection mode. do I need some sort of cooling? I was thinking of couple of pc type usb powered fans on top grill sucking air out? but how can I vent this air out from front? If I just leaving on top it may well suck it out and up and it will just hit the shelf on top of it (around 5 inches above) and I’m concerned the heat will still be in and around the bottom shelf where the AVR sits.

most of dedicated coolers suck as AC infinity vents from behind which isn’t suitable for me because the back is closed.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

My denon (4500h) ran very hot yesterday. Of course current hot weather and ambient in the room isn’t helping I’m sure. Usually it runs warm which I’m sure it’s pretty standard but yesterday it ran hot. It was hot to touch (but not uncomfortable meaning you could still keep your hand on top grill without burning yourself but it still felt very hot) this was during a 2hr movie running volume levels around 65 on full 7.1.4 Atmos.

I have around 4 inches clearance above and 2-3 on either side and front is completely open but back is not. Also not much clearance on the back.

How hot is too hot? Even though it ran hot, it didn’t go to thermal protection mode. do I need some sort of cooling? I was thinking of couple of pc type usb powered fans on top grill sucking air out? but how can I vent this air out from front? If I just leaving on top it may well suck it out and up and it will just hit the shelf on top of it (around 5 inches above) and I’m concerned the heat will still be in and around the bottom shelf where the AVR sits.

most of dedicated coolers suck as AC infinity vents from behind which isn’t suitable for me because the back is closed.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Aircom have models with front exhaust: AC Infinity S10 and T10.
Mine was hot to touch too once summer arrived (we have considerably higher temps than UK). I have an open back so went with the T8. I'm very happy with it but in hindsight, maybe I should have bought a T10, since it offers more flexibility if the AVR will be moved to another location...

Watched a couple of atmos films last night (new owner) and after running Audessy I was happy with the sound till then. Surround rear sides and top front atmos really quite, so on my last avr Yamaha rxa3050 I would just go int speaker levels and change it up a couple of digits, so of I go into Audessy app and change from the reported setting of 4.0 to 2.0 then upload back to the avr and still quite, any help ?
Thanks

Aircom have models with front exhaust: AC Infinity S10 and T10.
Mine was hot to touch too once summer arrived (we have considerably higher temps than UK). I have an open back so went with the T8. I'm very happy with it but in hindsight, maybe I should have bought a T10, since it offers more flexibility if the AVR will be moved to another location...
Thanks. All S10s come with a front exhaust? I looked at S10 but thought the vent is at the back? I will look into it in more details.

Watched a couple of atmos films last night (new owner) and after running Audessy I was happy with the sound till then. Surround rear sides and top front atmos really quite, so on my last avr Yamaha rxa3050 I would just go int speaker levels and change it up a couple of digits, so of I go into Audessy app and change from the reported setting of 4.0 to 2.0 then upload back to the avr and still quite, any help ?
Thanks

I’d change the levels in the options to boost them not the audessy setup. Are you sure the avr was outputting to the height speakers? How are they configured in the settings?

Where are you looking at the arc infinity products in the UK, the rainforest only stocks a few items and the US is too dear to order from ?
Thanks

I’d change the levels in the options to boost them not the audessy setup. Are you sure the avr was outputting to the height speakers? How are they configured in the settings?
Where is this setting please, also they are set up for front ceiling(forget what it’s called but it got the test tone okay and the onscreen display showed them correctl), I could only tell the surrounds were working by putting my hand on them

With content (film) playing use the option button and you can then ‘boost’ the speakers which leaves the calibration levels as they were.

Atmos is a subtle effect I believe. With the film playing the info should tell you which of your speakers are engaged. You could always boost them as above if needs be to see how that helps

With content (film) playing use the option button and you can then ‘boost’ the speakers which leaves the calibration levels as they were.

Atmos is a subtle effect I believe. With the film playing the info should tell you which of your speakers are engaged. You could always boost them as above if needs be to see how that helps
Thanks so the onscreen info shows I’m in atmos and shows all the correct speakers engaged, but say for instance a helicopter flies over head I used to be able to hear it panning round the surround speakers, I will give what you suggest a try later on
thanks

Press option button on remote then select channel level adjust it will probably say centre channel. You will now be able to adjust all channel levels. This is adjusting whatever input you are watching so is not global.

Press option button on remote then select channel level adjust it will probably say centre channel. You will now be able to adjust all channel levels. This is adjusting whatever input you are watching so is not global.
Thanks found it, funny thing Audessey reports that my surrounds are set to 4.0 and 4.5 but the option menu shows them both at 0

Thanks found it, funny thing Audessey reports that my surrounds are set to 4.0 and 4.5 but the option menu shows them both at 0
That's normal. From the Options menu you can add gains over the values set by Audyssey during calibration.
Bear in mind that changes to speaker levels from Options are set per input. If you use multiple sources you'll need to configure the values for each input.

The post calibration levels are always treated as zero. You can use the option button to increase or decrease the individual levels and once the unit is shutdown they default back to the zero calibrated setting.

Hello there I'm having trouble with sound dolby surround is really muffled all other sound settings work fine any ideas

Hello there I'm having trouble with sound dolby surround is really muffled all other sound settings work fine any ideas

I'd personally put this down to the peculiarities of Dolby Surround upmixing and the processing algorithms associated with it. Quick solution is to not use it and try Neural:X instead.

What source are you applying the upmixing to and how is it fomatted?

It is diggicult to determine whether your issue is one with your setup, the hardware or simply your expectations? Is it simply a matter of you not getting what you expected or are you basing your appraisal upon hearing these upmixing modes used on systems other than your own?

Sound is perfect on other settings but put it dolby surround or neural and it sounds like I'm listening through a wall

It's all been working spot on until I switched on this afternoon

So you weren't previously experiencing any issues with the way Dolby Surround upmixing sounded prior to today? Have you tried it with a variety of sources just to ensure the issue isn't with the source material you are applying the upmixing to?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom