Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

I have on the E6 TV A/V Sync Adjustment with Bypass on or off. On the UB820 Bluray there is Audio Delay option. On the Denon there is Auto Lip Sync and manual adjust.
Tv and Bluray have manual adjustment too.

Tv and Bluray have manual adjustment too.
My TV doesn't have a manual adjustment and I often have to force a new handshake. That goes for the Netflix App and Freeview but Prime is always spot on. For disc I always adjust in the player (Pioneer LX500). When lip sync is out I absolutely hate it. There are a few discs that have notorious lip sync problems.

My TV doesn't have a manual adjustment and I often have to force a new handshake. That goes for the Netflix App and Freeview but Prime is always spot on. For disc I always adjust in the player (Pioneer LX500). When lip sync is out I absolutely hate it. There are a few discs that have notorious lip sync problems.
Haha...I had to laugh because I agree with you and all and because it is a pain in the neck not to mention discs that may or may not have Lip Sync issues.
I think I am going crazy but I tried Fallout DV and noticed issues then tried the Bluray version which I think looked spot on then tried Jaws DV and issues here but on trying Sicario HDR it is spot on so is it just that some discs are difficult with sync and or is it the equipment chain ???
Is it best to adjust the Source which is Bluray because it's where the sound and picture input emanates from or the Denon where the Sound is processed ???

Haha...I had to laugh because I agree with you and all and because it is a pain in the neck not to mention discs that may or may not have Lip Sync issues.
I think I am going crazy but I tried Fallout DV and noticed issues then tried the Bluray version which I think looked spot on then tried Jaws DV and issues here but on trying Sicario HDR it is spot on so is it just that some discs are difficult with sync and or is it the equipment chain ???
Is it best to adjust the Source which is Bluray because it's where the sound and picture input emanates from or the Denon where the Sound is processed ???
I prefer doing so on my Pioneer player as it's far quicker than the Denon's alteration process with a dedicated button on the remote.

I have on the E6 TV A/V Sync Adjustment with Bypass on or off. On the UB820 Bluray there is Audio Delay option. On the Denon there is Auto Lip Sync and manual adjust.

Don't use the TV's audio sync adjustements. The TV isn't handling the audio and the audio is originating from the Blu-ray player connected to the AV receiver. THe TV cannot add delay to the audio because the audio isn't being processed by it. Use the adjustments on the AV receiver to add any required delay.

AS a side note, it is ordinarilly the TV that causes audio sync issues due to the TV's video processing causing the video to be delayed. You can sometimes correct this by reducing the amount of video processing being enacted by the TV. The motion processing is often causing the most delay.

Last edited:
Don't use the TV's audio sync adjustements. The TV isn't handling the audio and the audio is originating from the Blu-ray player connected to the AV receiver. THe TV cannot add delay to the audio because the audio isn't being processed by it. Use the adjustments on the AV receiver to add any required delay.

AS a side note, it is ordinarilly the TV that causes audio synce issues due to the TV's video processing causing the video to be delayed. You can sometimes correct this by reducing the amount of video processing being enacted by the TV. The motion processing is often causing the most delay.
Motion processing is off and rarely used.

Motion processing is off and rarely used.
What I'm finding with TV is that the video is running ahead of the audio and therefore the audio sync will simply not work. The only thing that I can do on my X6500 and my previous X6200 is to turn off the TV or the Denon in order to force a new handshake. Nine times out of ten it will work.

What I'm finding with TV is that the video is running ahead of the audio and therefore the audio sync will simply not work. The only thing that I can do on my X6500 and my previous X6200 is to turn off the TV or the Denon in order to force a new handshake. Nine times out of ten it will work.
Anything is worth a try...thank you Mod

If you're going to upgrade to the 400, just get the monolith+

Properly configured the amount of bass it kicks out is insane
Actually gutted as had a Monolith on the hook for £200 on Gumtree but got gazumped!

Hi all, I've got a 4500 arriving next week and wanted to ask a couple of questions (though I'm sure there will be more).

I've heard good things about the MultEQ app so I've bought that already.

For initial setup do I need to run Audyssey from the receiver first or can I jump right into the app for my first setup?

Secondly, is the built in phono amp any good?

Thanks in advance.

Tou'd not be calibrating the AV receiver via the app and the app simply allows you to adjust elements that wouldn't otherwise be accesible to you via the AV receiver. You still need to run the calibration via the AV receiver with the mic connected to the AV receiver in order to be then be able to ise the app.

Thanks Dante, makes sense.

@MrNikeR not sure why you posted an "angry" reaction to my post, have I upset you in some way?

Thanks Dante, makes sense.

@MrNikeR not sure why you posted an "angry" reaction to my post, have I upset you in some way?
Oh no not at all buddy. .a total mistake while I was reading the post so my bad.

Oh no not at all buddy. .a total mistake while I was reading the post so my bad.

Ah, no problem, had me worried I'd posted on the wrong thread or something :p

Hi all, I've got a 4500 arriving next week and wanted to ask a couple of questions (though I'm sure there will be more).

I've heard good things about the MultEQ app so I've bought that already.

For initial setup do I need to run Audyssey from the receiver first or can I jump right into the app for my first setup?

Secondly, is the built in phono amp any good?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the club.

22552889_809854185842609_8094775619658193694_n.jpg

Tou'd not be calibrating the AV receiver via the app and the app simply allows you to adjust elements that wouldn't otherwise be accesible to you via the AV receiver.
What sort of extra adjustments can be made via the app, and they things that most find useful and worth having, or is it really only for those that love to tinker?

What sort of extra adjustments can be made via the app, and they things that most find useful and worth having, or is it really only for those that love to tinker?

This app allows users to:

• View the Audyssey MultEQ speaker detection results, to check and modify the configuration, and adjust for any unusual speaker set-ups
  • View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems and see just what changes the system is making
  • Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit individual tastes
  • Adjust the overall EQ frequency roll-off for each channel pair
  • Switch between two high-frequency roll-off target curves
  • Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the sound brighter or smoother, perhaps making dialogue even clearer or taming those hard-edged soundtracks
  • Gives the home theater enthusiast even greater control over the performance of their surround sound system
  • Save calibration results for ‘piece of mind’, ready for instant re-loading should one ever need to reset their system
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, available for iPhones and iPads via the iTunes store, and for Android devices via the Google Play store, can be purchased for $20 US. As it requires specific hardware inside the product to function, the following models are able to use the app (product availability varies depending on regions):

Let us know how you get on with the app. Feedback says it is very buggy and doesn't work with certain amps.

Another question if I may... how hot does this receiver get?
It'll be in a cabinet with glass doors but there's no back on the cabinet (that had to be cut out for my current receiver to fit).

Just wondering if any form of cabinet cooling (usb fan AC Infinity etc.) will be needed?

I've never had to add anything for my Pioneer but I'm aware some makes/models run hotter.

Another question if I may... how hot does this receiver get?
It'll be in a cabinet with glass doors but there's no back on the cabinet (that had to be cut out for my current receiver to fit).

Just wondering if any form of cabinet cooling (usb fan AC Infinity etc.) will be needed?

I've never had to add anything for my Pioneer but I'm aware some makes/models run hotter.
Denons do run toasty. Good ventilation is essential if you are to steer clear of safety shut downs. There is an Eco option on the 4500, fully on, auto and off. Fully on will reduce the operating temperature but at the cost of overall power. Auto will boost the power when needed and off speakers for itself. A fan would be a wise move in a cabinet with limited ventilation.

My Denon is in a cabinet with a sliding door which is left open when it's in use. Always have Eco off and I've never had a safety shutdown.

Might be a daft question...but...does the app connect via Bluetooth?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom