Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

If the soundbar hasn't a subwoofer pre out then I'd suggest not bothering to try integrate one. You could do as you originally proposed, but you'd then have to spend quite a lot of time attempting to sync the two setup using the subwoofer distance settings on the AV receiver. You'd also need to spend some time trying to get the crossover onboard the sub set so that you'd not be duplicating the same frequencies being output by the soundbar. This latter part is practically impossible to do because you'vw no influence or means by which to control the frequencies being output or handled by the soundbar.

If anything, you are going to end up with the sub out of sync with the soundbar and bass boom.

If the soundbar hasn't a subwoofer pre out then I'd suggest not bothering to try integrate one. You could do as you originally proposed, but you'd then have to spend quite a lot of time attempting to sync the two setup using the subwoofer distance settings on the AV receiver. You'd also need to spend some time trying to get the crossover onboard the sub set so that you'd not be duplicating the same frequencies being output by the soundbar. This latter part is practically impossible to do because you'vw no influence or means by which to control the frequencies being output or handled by the soundbar.

If anything, you are going to end up with the sub out of sync with the soundbar and bass boom.

Thanks again.

don't you think this Zone 2 becomes kind of useless when audio won't be in sync as it's going to hooked into another system which does it's own processing.?

Still.tempted to give it a try as practically it might work but theoretically I agree that it could.not work

Just ordered the 4500 after owning my 2113 since it was released and it has been an amazing amp with what I feel very good quality of sound for music and films.
It was a toss up ofcwither the 3600 or the 4500 and decided there more future proof in the 4500 especially as I'm currently running 7-1 and what to add the 4 ceiling speakers for atmos.
20200628_162015.jpg

Thanks again.

don't you think this Zone 2 becomes kind of useless when audio won't be in sync as it's going to hooked into another system which does it's own processing.?

Still.tempted to give it a try as practically it might work but theoretically I agree that it could.not work

It is intended to allow you to share an HDMI source connected to the AVR with another zone independently and isn't intended to be used to integrate both zones. It basically negates the need to have to buy additional source devices for both zones. The AVR is just acting an an HDMI source switch for the second zone and isn't participating in the processing of either the audio or the video in that zone.

You'd ideally have another AVR in such an additional zone to process the audio entirely independantly of the main room.

It isn't useess if you wish to access sources that are connected to the main room AVR in the second zone located elsewhere in the same building. That is its purpose.

Arrived an hour ok, can not wait to open the box and set it up.
Going from my very trusted 2113 to this, can not see how the sound could be improved my 2113 produces astonishing quality of sound.

Attachments

• 20200702_130141.jpg
    20200702_130141.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 77
Anyone watching the F1 having trouble hearing the voices over the engines in certain situations?

I haven’t changed anything since running Audessey and answering Yes to the questions at the end (I’m told it also happens on This Morning but not experienced that...honest!).

Any advice on what to tweak please?

Anyone watching the F1 having trouble hearing the voices over the engines in certain situations?

I haven’t changed anything since running Audessey and answering Yes to the questions at the end (I’m told it also happens on This Morning but not experienced that...honest!).

Any advice on what to tweak please?
You have enabled dynamic settings by answering yes to all. I personally keep them all off. Too much trickery pokery with them on and muddled the sound imo.

Anyone using Banana Plugs and if so what are your recommendations please.

I bought some Fisual from Amazon and they have been ok for me so far.
Thanks...what material is the outer casing ?

I brought these on amazon so far very good and just excepted my 12 gauge speaker cable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-133955_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-133955_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 88
You have enabled dynamic settings by answering yes to all. I personally keep them all off. Too much trickery pokery with them on and muddled the sound imo.

That has improved everything other than the in-car team radio so not sure that’s just the broadcast?

Morning folks,

Just received the SVS PB-1000 to test for 14 days and will shortly be running Audessey on the 4500H to calibrate the system. Any tips for getting the best out of this sub? Ideally I just want it to blend in and not shake pictures off the walls!

I bought these about 6 months ago. About two weeks ago one of my surrounds stopped working.The banana plug had crumbled in the socket?!? I had to pick out the bits Of metal with a pair of tweezers and small screw driver. No idea why or howbut I’m buying some better ones soon.

Expecting my 4500 today...YIPPEE
Question - anyone with an E6 OLED how have you set it up for Atmos ?

Yeah they were only cheap but I have had them in for about 4 years now and seem ok still.

I bought these about 6 months ago. About two weeks ago one of my surrounds stopped working.The banana plug had crumbled in the socket?!? I had to pick out the bits Of metal with a pair of tweezers and small screw driver. No idea why or howbut I’m buying some better ones soon.
HO@Y CR@P !!! That sounds a nightmare !!!

What are better options to choose ?

Expecting my 4500 today...YIPPEE
Question - anyone with an E6 OLED how have you set it up for Atmos ?
You'll need to use the ARC or eARC via HDMI function of the TV for Atmos. Most apps will use Dolby Digital Plus to transport the Atmos metadata. The 4500 if correctly configured and has a minimum of 5.1.2 in a speaker set up will automatically decode any Atmos metadata from those programmes.

Anyone using Banana Plugs and if so what are your recommendations please.
I tend to use blue Jeans locking banana plug. So much safer as the plugs don't drop out when moving stuff.

1593852303162.png

You'll need to use the ARC or eARC via HDMI function of the TV for Atmos. Most apps will use Dolby Digital Plus to transport the Atmos metadata. The 4500 if correctly configured and has a minimum of 5.1.2 in a speaker set up will automatically decode any Atmos metadata from those programmes.
Thank you MOD... ARC on the E6 my understanding was no ATMOS pass-thru. I will be setting up for 5.1.4.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom