Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

Hmm wonder which ones trickier?!? 🤔

What Subwoofers is everyone with this AVR using please?

I have tried to cure the Ground Loop Hum on my old Wharfedale but can't do it safely (Earth removed) or with having it on full (Isolator inline) so have been given permission to get it replaced!

@John24ssj and his posts / PMs have been a great educator for me so to prevent any possible similar issues I think I am looking for something D Class, but just wondered if anyone had something that really shines with the 4500H?
I'm running a pair of these they do a smaller version too. Great Bang for buck on pre-order offer at the mo. Also try and buy 👍

@Thatsnotmynaim sadly the lead made no difference at all.

This is the current location of the sub, the TV is where the fireplace was...
464A87EB-0FB4-4771-90D6-FC51CDC5DA2C_1_105_c.jpeg

Oh dear, worth a try, new sub it is!! :) Did you at the same time have the sub connected to the same earth point? Not trying to do you out of a reason to get a new sub btw....

Yes I tried the plug in various locations, this sub has always had a hum (Might be since it was repaired for a different fault but thats years ago now and I don't recall fully). I only recently noticed though the hum can be heard through all the other speakers too (Which again stops if either earth removed from sub or Isolator used).

I mean did you try earthing the x4500 with the custom earth plug wire at the same time as having the sub's earth connected to the same x4500 ground / earth point? Sounds like a new sub is 'unfortunately' the only way to go :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

This one has 3 HDMI OUTS. Will they pass-through full fat 4K HDR 60 VIDEO + full fat AUDIO?

Hi Guys,

This one has 3 HDMI OUTS. Will they pass-through full fat 4K HDR 60 VIDEO + full fat AUDIO?
It has eARC if that’s what you mean. But if you are using a PS4 Pro or 4K UHD then yes.

It has eARC if that’s what you mean. But if you are using a PS4 Pro or 4K UHD then yes.

Actually I would like to know if any of these HDMI OUTs can pass through full fat video plus audio similar to a HDMI splitter like HDFury.

Can someone help the features of the 3 HDMI OUTS? Does one or more of these pass-through full fat video + audio (18 Gbps) or is it pure video out? I do get the eARC one but interested in the rest.

Can someone help the features of the 3 HDMI OUTS? Does one or more of these pass-through full fat video + audio (18 Gbps) or is it pure video out? I do get the eARC one but interested in the rest.
Can't help on the audio question but 18Gbps video yes it does.

Yes it does.

Edit....Oh not sure if it’s more than one output though...

Yes it does.

Edit....Oh not sure if it’s more than one output though...

I can see 3 HDMI OUTS on the rear. The ARC one, I get it, but would like to know if the other 2 OUTS are for? Will the AVR pass-through full bandwidth video+audio using the other 2 OUTS?

I can see 3 HDMI OUTS on the rear. The ARC one, I get it, but would like to know if the other 2 OUTS are for? Will the AVR pass-through full bandwidth video+audio using the other 2 OUTS?
According to the imagine of the 4500 HDMI out they are all the same spec.

Monitor 1 and 2 are basically mirrored apart from only the Monitor 1 output being ARC enabled. There's only one set of configurations for both these outputs and they cannot be configured independantly of one another. The main purpose of these 2 outputs is to allow a owner to have both a TV and a PJ connected at the same time without the user having to disconnect one and connect another. You can output the same video via both outputs simultaneously, but you'd ordinarilly only convey video tovia either one or the other of these 2 outputs at a time.

The third output is a dedicated second HDMI zone output and this output is indepenant of the other 2. The receiver simply passes through an HDMI source via this output and the outgoing signal would comprise of both the video and the audio associated with the HDMI source. The source can be a totally different source to that which the AV receiver itself is processing relative to the main room. THe AV receiver doesn't process either the video or the audio being conveyed via the second zone output and simply passes the HDMI signal through and out to another zone. You'd use this output to convey an HDMI source connected to the AV receiver to another room or zone.

@dante01

Thanks mate.

Say if I connect an HDMI video + audio input to IN from my UHD player, the AVR will do the audio processing,
pass through full fat video via HDMI OUT labelled monitor and simultaneously pass through full fat audio stream via Zone 2 OUT?

Does Zone 2 OUT pass through
full fat audio or downmixed 2 Ch audio?

The receiver would passthrough exactly what the source is outputting so yes, you'd be able to passthrough multichannel audio to another device in another zone. What you get will however depend upon the capabilities of the device in that other zone. A Blu-ray player would use the EDID of the least capable device it depects within the HDMI chain to determine what it outputs.

If you had another AV receiver in the other room then you shouldn't experience any difficulties conveying multi channel audio to it from the main room's AV receiver.

The receiver would passthrough exactly what the source is outputting so yes, you'd be able to passthrough multichannel audio to another device in another zone. What you get will however depend upon the capabilities of the device in that other zone. A Blu-ray player would use the EDID of the least capable device it depects within the HDMI chain to determine what it outputs.

If you had another AV receiver in the other room then you shouldn't experience any difficulties conveying multi channel audio to it from the main room's AV receiver.

Ok thanks mate.

So monitor out passes through the video as is.

Zone 2 OUT passes through full fat audio.

I am.planning to use the soundbar alongside the AVR but just for the LFE / sub out. The soundbar bar sub will be off when the active sub is in action via AVR.

I have a LG SN11RG 2020 7.1.4 soundbar. I had downgraded from separates. The soundbar has exceeded my expectations when it comes producing an immersive experience as good as my separates without occupying space and wires running around. However I miss that very deep bass from my SVS active sub which I still have and would like to add it back to the chain.

When the time comes I might go back to separates and use this AVR as intended.

This is what I am planning:

Code:
Player -- AVR - HDMI OUT - TV
                         - Sub out - Active sub .1
                         - Zone 2 - Soundbar 7.4

Last edited:
The monitor 1 and 2 outputs are subject to the AV receiver's video processing and can be subject to such processing. Both outputs are mirrored. You's ordinarily only configure the receiver to output video via these two outpus and if you were to configure those outputs to passthrough audio, the AV receiver would cease processing and amplifying that audio.

The second HDMI zone output simply passes through the HDMI source selected for zone 2 and the receiver plays no part in processing the associated signal.

The monitor 1 and 2 outputs are subject to the AV receiver's video processing and can be subject to such processing. Both outputs are mirrored. You's ordinarily only configure the receiver to output video via these two outpus and if you were to configure those outputs to passthrough audio, the AV receiver would cease processing and amplifying that audio.

The second HDMI zone output simply passes through the HDMI source selected for zone 2 and the receiver plays no part in processing the associated signal.

Thanks again mate.

Do you think my plan posted above would work? I would like the AVR to process audio that is fed on the main zone but just the LFE out, video output via monitor out to TV and zone 2 sending full fat audio to the soundbar simultaneously. Will the audio on any of the zones be downgraded to 2ch?

Last edited:
The AVR reeceiver and the soundbar are unlikely to be in sync with one another because you'd be using 2 entirely seperate processors to arrive at one audible arrangement. You'd want to sub to be in sync with the soundbar and not with the AV receiver. Plus the fact that the AV receiver's bass management wouldn't be applicable to the soundbar and or its output.

Last edited:
The main room and the second zone are unlikely to be in sync with one another because you'd be using 2 entirely seperate processors to arrive at one audible arrangement. You'd want to sub in the to be in sync with the soundbar and not with the AV receiver. Plus the fact that the AV receiver's bass management wouldn't be applicable to the soundbar and or its output.

Fair enough mate but I am really curious why this wouldn't work. Is it due to possible lag in processing (one by soundbar and one by AVR just for the sub out)?

All the gears are going to be in one room.

The two audio systems are just that, 2 entirely different setups that are not calibrated to interact with one another. You are simply using the same source and not sharing the same processing. Makes no odds that both systems are in the same room, they are still independent of one another and will not be in sync with one another.

The two audio systems are just that, 2 entirely different setups that are not calibrated to interact with one another. You are simply using the same source and not sharing the same processing. Makes no odds that both systems are in the same room, they are still independent of one another and will not be in sync with one another.

Thianks pal. Theoretically it makes sense.
Would you propose any other workarounds to add active sub to work in sync with the soundbar?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom