Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

I would like to upgrade to one of these, I currently have a Pioneer LX70 with 5.0 (no sub), with bi-amped main speakers. Would the x4500 be able to run 5.1.2 when also bi-amping the front mains?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Would the x4500 be able to run 5.1.2 when also bi-amping the front mains?

Yes it can. There is a section on page 65 of the user manual detailing how to do this in a 7.1 system, the section is called: "Connecting 7.1-channel speakers: Bi-amp connection of front speakers". You just use the second height speaker outputs with the fronts to bi-amp.

I just bought an AVR-X4500H and will be initially setting it up as a 3.1 in the main zone (large family room) and zone 2 will be for my back patio (Klipsch AW-650's). I will be expanding to 5.1 in the main sometime in 2020, maybe sooner. Eventually I will be using this receiver in my media room with a 9.2 setup. My concern is the 3.1 initial setup. The speakers I have are two Klipsch R-5650-W II In-Wall speakers for the front L & R, a Klipsch RP-504C as the center channel speaker, and a SVS SB-2000 as the subwoofer. Will this work? I am concerned about not having the rear surround speakers set up.
By “will it work“ I am trying to figure out if there Is any configuration issues with this set up. Can I just use the center and sub? Also, if I buy different speakers for the rear that are made by a different manufacturer such as Polk, will there be a timbre matching issue?

Sorry to jump in. There is no thread for X3600H owner.

I think some one here could help. Even though Dolby Atmos content is playing, my X3600 display just show: DTHD +DSur
My Panasonic UB820 digital audio output is set : bitstream and secondary audio OFF

Speakers configuration is set for 5.1 . I think the 2.0 HDMI cable is OK because I can see my LG C9 display DOLBY VISION or HDR at the top corner

My X3600 is just out of the box and the firmware still has NOT been updated to Dolby Height Virtualization

My UB820 connected to Denon X3600's HDMI (Bluray input) HDMI eARC output to Input LG C9 eARC

Please help

Last edited:
How many speakers do you have connected, if only 5.1 you can't get an atmos soundtrack to play, it will only replay as a 5.1 track. Atmos will only light up and play with at least 5.1.2 speakers.

I am not sure there has been a firmware update yet which includes Dolby Height Virtualization which would give a psuedo height playback. See if you can force a firmware update to see if it has been made available yet.

Speakers configuration is set for 5.1
For Atmos you need a configuration of 5.1.2 minimum. You need to give more information as to how many speakers you have and how you have them configured. It's the same premise for the majority of Denon receivers.

Oh! Thank you
Oh , I see. there are only 5 speakers + Sub. In Speakers Configuration all surround height speakers are set to OFF. Let me try to update to Dolby Height Virtualization, then I will let you know. Thanks

As kbfern said you won't get Atmos unless you have that setup or virtual. But one thing to note, if it's the same as the 4500 the *input* signal is displayed in the main area of the display but to the right of it it shows which speakers are being used. Press the Movie button on your remote and see what options it gives, I've set mine to upmix to Neural:X regardless of the input signal type. Still trying things out though! 😁

Mine is being delivered tomorrow Liam, not sure I am opening it just yet though as it is an xmas pressie:( but I am sure it will be hooked up well before then:devil:.

Mine is being delivered tomorrow Liam, not sure I am opening it just yet though as it is an xmas pressie:( but I am sure it will be hooked up well before then:devil:.
I'll give it until Thursday. :)

Thank you all for very helpful advice.
Ceiling speakers is unable installed for living room. I try Dolby Height Virtualisation first, then Upward speakers later

Now, Firmware has just been updated
The display show off the symbol of Dolby Atmos
Atmos.jpg

Now , I try to switch between the audio formats to see the difference
Thank you all again

Hi
It was too late yesterday to test.
More time will be needed to check Dolby Height Virtualisation.

The result is very good even though 5 speakers are low quality from mini HiFi component system like Technics, Kenwood and Mission.... I can say the sound is much much better than the sound bar Q90 that I auditioned the the shop.

Please have look at this thread
Speakers Suggestion for X3600
I am going to upgrade the 2 Fronts and Center speaker first. Any recommendation is highly appreciated.

What is your budget for speakers and you may need to upgrade the sub as well at some stage depending on what sub you have at the moment.

The Eagle has landed, i may open the box tomorrow.:D

Attachments

• 20191204_150432.jpg
    20191204_150432.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 158
Back up to £1199 in Richer Sounds.
It isn't just the price of the X4500 that has increased at RS.

Lots of prices appear to have gone back up at Richer Sounds. I'd hazzard that they are doing this so that they can then claim they've reduced prices in time for the January sales?

Anyway, there are quite a few retailers selling the receiver for just under £1K including Peter Tyson who are effectively selling it for £960 if you take into consideration the £40 Amazon voucher deal they have as an alternative to getting the receiver with free cables.

EDIT Other retailers apart from RS do now appear to be increasing the price and selling the receiver for £1,200.

Last edited:
Just letting it acclimatise :) I will open the box later and remove and leave it till tomorrow to hook it up.

Just letting it acclimatise :) I will open the box later and remove and leave it till tomorrow to hook it up.
Thursday then! Just as I predicted. ;) Leave until Christmas, my arse!:)

well sussed gibbsy you obviously can read me like a book.:D

Cross-posted in the Panasonic FZ800 thread:

Does anyone use the FZ (or any Panasonic OLED) with a Denon X4500?
ARC seems to work, but I haven't figured out how to use the AVR's remote to control the TV. Is that even possible? It ought to be, seeing it has buttons for TV power and input, channel switch, etc...
The previous AVR's remote (Yamaha) could be configured with a Panasonic remote code and it used IR to control the TV, but looks like the Denon only uses HDMI control?

And in the off chance someone has a PC + X4500 + Panny OLED setup: how do you get the AVR to report as a Denon device to Windows when the TV is off, and then as a Panasonic device when both AVR and TV are on?
This worked out of the box with the previous AVR and I could tell Windows which "monitor" to use based on the detected devices (it would automatically put the real PC monitor in standby when Panasonic showed up).

Disclaimer: just got the Denon this evening and only hooked up the cables and ran the on-screen setup, haven't read the manual yet :) (yes, yes, I know I should be doing that first)

The AV receiver's remote will not control your TV. THe only command that is accessible via both remotes is the volume and the volume will only be adjusted onboard the AV receiver while HDMI CEC is in effect.

If you want more comprenhensive control of multiple devices via a single remote then look into solutions such as Logitech's Harmony remotes. HDMI CEC is very limited as to what it can control and most remotes will not include the buttons needed to access or control features on other devices.

Well that sucks... Yamaha's solution with the code for IR was elegant. Thanks, nonetheless.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom