Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

May have answered my own question. Excerpt from the 8500 manual.

IMAX Audio Settings
You can configure special IMAX audio settings to recreate the conditions of an IMAX theater.

Auto
(Default):

Applies the optimized speaker settings to reproduce similar to the IMAX theater environment.

Manual:

Manually adjusts the “High Pass Filter”, “Low Pass Filter” and “Subwoofer Mode”.

You can set this when sound mode is “IMAX DTS” or “IMAX DTS:X”.

“Speakers” - “Crossovers”, “Bass” - “Subwoofer Mode” and “LPF for LFE” in the menu cannot be applied during IMAX playback.

Last edited:
I
did cross my mind that it maybe as you say, it's just the Denon online manual for IMAX gives the impression that it is available all the time as how else would one be able to set it to auto. I can't seem to find anything as to what to expect.

What firmware version do you have? Have you got the IMAX settings?

Cheers
Hi,

If you play any DTS source, the IMAX option gets enabled under the “Surround Parameter” settings. By default “IMAX” is set to “Auto”. If it detects IMAX track on the dts source it will provide you more options to play with, like crossover frequency which is by default is set @70hz as per IMAX standard.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Partha

Hi,

If you play any DTS source, the IMAX option gets enabled under the “Surround Parameter” settings. By default “IMAX” is set to “Auto”. If it detects IMAX track on the dts source it will provide you more options to play with, like crossover frequency which is by default is set @70hz as per IMAX standard.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Partha
Thank you, that's a great help

Hmm is there a easy night mode? Cant seem to find it.

Hmm is there a easy night mode? Cant seem to find it.
You can switch on Audyssey LFC™ (settings > audio > Audyssey > Audyssey LFC™) to ON. And you can reduce the dynamic volume settings. But there are no easy mode settings as far as I know.
I’m missing a Night modus as on yamaha’s as well.

You can switch on Audyssey LFC™ (settings > audio > Audyssey > Audyssey LFC™) to ON. And you can reduce the dynamic volume settings. But there are no easy mode settings as far as I know.
I’m missing a Night modus as on yamaha’s as well.

There is a discrete code to turn LFC on if you have a Harmony or similar.

My receiver just got updated to:
Version: 2461-9110-1102-0025
DTS version: 3.90.50.51

Just updating mine. Says it’s for stability and improvement.

Where you find that info?
Btw always the same bs, stability and improvements. Same as saying "this and that" ehehehe
It was on the update menu. And yes it says that every time

I have a Harmony Elite. I did not found a command with LFC, but I did found a moon symbol 🌙. I’ll try it tonight:thumbsup:

It should be first one on the list...

1568795137795.png

It is not on my Harmony...

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-09-18 om 17.18.06.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-09-18 om 17.18.06.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 147
It is not on my Harmony...
Strange, you could add one of the other Denons, eg x3500h, and add it to your activities or contact harmony and just ask them to add it to yours.

My receiver just got updated to:
Version: 2461-9110-1102-0025
DTS version: 3.90.50.51
Mine is on 2461-9110-1131-0025
Although it said it was updating, I'm sure it was on this before.

Ok leave your feedback afterwards.
Which atmos speakers you choose?

I know it's been quite a while but as asked, here i am.
My atmos speakers arrived very late (i didn't want to cancel my order since i had an amazing price on them -50% new). I had ordered a pair of Klipsch RP500-SA.

But meanwhile, i received a 2nd x4500h for my other room and i was able to raise correctly the digital source level on the 2nd one.
As soon as i plugged the speakers 2 days ago, i did a factory reset and then the option came back. Weird and only bug i found, it had me worried.

Hi, I have a 4500h AVR. Over the last few weeks I have been getting issues when turning on the AVR from stand by. This only happens when the AVR is coming out of stand by after a long period in stand by (overnight).

When turned on there is no audio output and the output indicators are not lit on the display. I can remove the mains lead and re-insert seconds later and output is produced. I have also lost HDMI control for volume control and power on / off. All this worked until a few weeks ago, nothing has physical changed.

This is my 3rd Denon (4300,4400) unit due to HDMI video out failure. Getting quite fed up with all these issues.

Photos are pre and post main lead removal.

Anyone ideas ???

Thanks.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-10-05-10h55m16s284.png
    vlcsnap-2019-10-05-10h55m16s284.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 173
  • vlcsnap-2019-10-05-10h55m38s735.png
    vlcsnap-2019-10-05-10h55m38s735.png
    7 MB · Views: 204
What speakers are you guys running with the denon?
im buying B&W 703s2 5.1is this amp man enough?

Strange issue cropped up, I recently contacted a 15m hybrid hdmi from amp to PJ now I get on my TV (which is also connected to the amp) "this device is not hdcp compatible" any idea's?

Anyone using a hybrid HDMI? I've got problems with mine. If I connect it to the amp I loose all video signals as my above post when I disconnect it and put a normal HDMI in it's all fine.
Think I've found the reason, possible power problem causing edid conflict.

Last edited:
I recentky purchased X4500 and I'm having visual dropouts at random with Virgin V6 box. TV is LG OLED.

The screen does black for a second then the picture comes back. Audio survives fine.

Sure it'll be to do with HDCP2.2

Anyone seen this issue?

Never had such issues.
Try connecting the box on a different input, or the HDMI cable.
If that does not work, do a factory reset to the AVR.

What speakers are you guys running with the denon?
im buying B&W 703s2 5.1is this amp man enough?
Dynaudio Audience 7.1 Surround set. It is man enough to make your neighbors wanna move to another town... and the Dynaudio’s are very demanding and not sensitive so they need a lot of clean power...
But don’t expect audiophile grade stereo sound for music listening.
Be sure to have enough free space above the amp.
What’s your budget for the amp?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom