Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

Noahdavid1984

It’s when I watch something in BBC or ultra hd it’s way out. I’ve tried auto lip sync on and off on the amp and it’s still out

gibbsy

Thanks for that. Where is the lip sync function in sky q?
Settings>Set Up>Audio Visual>Digital audio delay HDMI. Highlight that last setting and adjust your lip sync.

gibbsy

Is that just to delay the audio though? It seems it’s the video that needs delaying
You cannot delay the video just the audio. If the video is running before the audio that's a problem. With Sky it's always been audio running before the video, since I've set it I've had no trouble at all with any programmes. I sometimes get audio issues with the video running before the audio with my TV's Netflix and Prime apps but turning the TV off and on forces a better handshake and all is well.

Adjusting the audio on the Sky box should sort out your problems.

Rizvan

You cannot delay the video just the audio. If the video is running before the audio that's a problem. With Sky it's always been audio running before the video, since I've set it I've had no trouble at all with any programmes. I sometimes get audio issues with the video running before the audio with my TV's Netflix and Prime apps but turning the TV off and on forces a better handshake and all is well.

Adjusting the audio on the Sky box should sort out your problems.
I will try this too, the audio / video sync on my Sky Q is horrible, the only issue I have is that my Sky Q is directly connected to my LG C8 and not the Denon.

gibbsy

I will try this too, the audio / video sync on my Sky Q is horrible, the only issue I have is that my Sky Q is directly connected to my LG C8 and not the Denon.
Any reason why no direct connection to the 4500. HDMI pass through does work well on the Denons, that's how I have my SkyQ connected to my X6500. Much easier to get the lip sync working correctly than relying on an ARC or optical connection from TV to the 4500.

Adziadam

My x3700h is going back on Wednesday as I didn't want to wait around till this hdmi dilemma gets resolved.

I have a lg c9 and seen the 4500h on sale is it worth getting over my x2600h or shall I wait until the drama is over and buy the receiver again. I couldnt afford the x4700h so will the 4500h perform better than the 3700h does anyone think that's a better route

gibbsy

My x3700h is going back on Wednesday as I didn't want to wait around till this hdmi dilemma gets resolved.

I have a lg c9 and seen the 4500h on sale is it worth getting over my x2600h or shall I wait until the drama is over and buy the receiver again. I couldnt afford the x4700h so will the 4500h perform better than the 3700h does anyone think that's a better route
If losing the new 8K and HDMI 2.1 (problems aside) then audio wise the 4500 is a very good choice. The better processor in AL32 can make a difference. More headroom and that never goes amiss.

alebonau

I have a lg c9 and seen the 4500h on sale is it worth getting over my x2600h
definitely ! the 4500h also has earc so means you can sit this current round out. just plug any hdmi source to your C9 and earc full bandwidth audio back to 4500h

4500 over 2600 you are getting better amp stages and pre amp stage as well, id definitely go for the 4500

let the mess of the 2020 models sort out and re look at this with the next gen :)

Adziadam

Thank you everyone just bought the 4500 £800 so saved myself £200 of what I paid for the 3700h for a better performing receiver happy :)

zed4

Hi all, I'm looking to get a new AV Receiver to replace my aging Onkyo TX-SR876.

There's nothing wrong with the Onkyo, and it's a fantastic receiver, but I could do with 4K pass-through, HDMI ARC and Alexa control for automation would also be good.

I was looking at the Denon AVC-X3700H, but I think I'd be better off with the higher power of the 4500, given the power of my outgoing Onkyo.

I've seen it advertised at £849 at Spatial for a new unit, or £699 at Hyperfi for a refurb unit. Seems well worth the money over the 3700H, would you agree? I can't afford the 4700!

Any comments for me?

alebonau

I was looking at the Denon AVC-X3700H, but I think I'd be better off with the higher power of the 4500, given the power of my outgoing Onkyo.
definitely go the 4500. as you go up the denon and marantz ranks you definitely get dividends ... better pre stage, power stage, quality of analog stages, power supply heatsinking. dac implementation. it all makes a difference... and its not just bells and whistles all this stuff it has a direct impact on sonics with detail, clarity, imaging, sound stage and dynamics

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Get the one from Spatial as it's a new one with full warranty, Hyperfi may not even have it in stock.

The 4500 is a great AVR for the money.

Adziadam

Hi all, I'm looking to get a new AV Receiver to replace my aging Onkyo TX-SR876.

There's nothing wrong with the Onkyo, and it's a fantastic receiver, but I could do with 4K pass-through, HDMI ARC and Alexa control for automation would also be good.

I've seen it advertised at £849 at Spatial for a new unit, or £699 at Hyperfi for a refurb unit. Seems well worth the money over the 3700H, would you agree? I can't afford the 4700!

Any comments for me?
I just bought my 4500 from spatial on eBay store 'HERE' there is a voucher you can select when on your basket and you will get like £40 off so it's not a bad deal.

puntloos

Hi all, I just received my first 4K device (sony projector).. and well, no 4k shown from my 4k source through 4500.

Details of the situation:
1/ Streamer is a Chromecast TV (supports 4k) - which you plug directly into the receiver.
- plugging this directly into the projector immediately gives me 4k-yay (.. except no audio..)​

2/ 1080p TV also connected (but unplugging it didn't seem to help things)
- Is x4500 capable of mixing 1080p and 4k devices or will it switch everything down to the shared resolution?​

3/ Cables - no cable between streamer and receiver, but my current #1 suspect is a bit cheap 15m HDMI cable, but claims UHD [email protected] support from receiver to projector.

But before I start ordering stuff, is there anything else I should check? HDMI enhanced settings? Reset receiver etc etc?

dante01

Distinguished Member
If both the 4K PJ and your 1080p TV are connected at the same time and if you've left the HDMI output configuration on the AV receiver set to AUTO (Dual) then the source will only use the least capable device's EDID as guidance as to what it can output. The source would still detect this even if the lesser device is set to standby. The only way to prevent this would be to either set the AV receiver HDMI output configuration to just the output connected to the PJ or to unplug the TV from the mains electricity supply. Denon do not unfortunately include a discrete button option on their remotes to allow you to switch the HDMI output on the fly and you'd need to dig down into the AV receiver's configurations if wanting to enable or disable one of the outputs.

Last edited:

puntloos

If both the 4K PJ and your 1080p TV are connected at the same time and if you've left the HDMI output configuration on the AV receiver set to AUTO (Dual) then the source will only use the least capable device's EDID as guidance as to what it can output. The source would still detect this even if the lesser device is set to standby. The only way to prevent this would be to either set the AV receiver HDMI output configuration to just the output connected to the PJ or to unplug the TV from the mains electricity display. Denon do not unfortunately include a discrete button option on their remotes to allow you to chosse the HDMI output on the fly and you'd need to dig down into the AV receiver's configurations if wanting to enable or disable one of the outputs.
That fixed it, thank you dante01. (with my logitech harmony, I can make 'hdmi1-out' or 'hdmi2/auto' part of the startup sequence. 4K now works as expected! Nice!

puntloos

@dante01

Strike that, fun fact, with my HDMI cable in input2 (of my projector) 4K works, into input1 it doesn't.
(but, I also needed to do the hdmi1-out mode trick you mentioned!)

I suspect the cable quality makes everything finnicky since chromecast into input1 works fine so the input is not broken..

dante01

Distinguished Member
How long is the cable going to your PJ? It is recommended not to use copper HDMI cabling longer than 5m and definately no longer than 8m. THe longer the cable run then the more likely it is that you'd experience dropout issues. This would be more the case the higher than bandwidth of the signal being convey. For longer runs it would be recommended that you use HDMI over fibre is wanting to convey anything more than 1080p or HDBaseT if only wishing to convey 1080p HD signals.

Last edited:

puntloos

Gow long is the cable going to your PJ? It is recommended not to use copper HDMI cabling longer than 5m and definately no longer than 8m. THe longer the cable run then the more likely it is that you'd experience dropout issues. This would be more the case the higher than bandwidth of the signal being convey. For longer runs it would be recommended that you use HDMI over fibre is wanting to convey anything more than 1080p or HDBaseT if only wishing to convey 1080p HD signals.
Yup, 15m cable. The cable was labeled as 'supports 4K' but probably just an overenthusiastic seller.
Might have to go for fibre approach.

puntloos

Quick update: I found a cable that *claims* 20m/[email protected] ... and can easily return if it turns out to be flaky. Going to try this one and else go for fiber

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 2nd December 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Klipsch announces four Cinema soundbars for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett