Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

I had this problem when I first bought the receiver, but it seemed to correct itself, but has returned today.

When I access the setup menu while playing blu ray the audyssey option is greyed out and advises that I need to run audyssey set up in order to access. I have run this previously and bizarrely the distances, levels etc are all still saved. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Well impressed with this receiver. I can definitely tell the difference.
The sound is full and has presence. I only calibrated in 3 spots on the sofa is it of much benefit to use all positions?

The sound is full and has presence. I only calibrated in 3 spots on the sofa is it of much benefit to use all positions?
I've always used the full eight positions (Denon X6500) the more information about the room you can give Audyssey the better it would be to compensate for it. It's a lot easier to to do if you use a mic boom.

I've always used the full eight positions (Denon X6500) the more information about the room you can give Audyssey the better it would be to compensate for it. It's a lot easier to to do if you use a mic boom.
And better results with the boom mic too!

The app may also help with running it however it is £20

The app doesn't get a good rating on Android Playstore mainly due to poor connection errors. Any one have any experience of it before I waste £20?

restore the settings from a backup?
Yes - tried that, but the option remains greyed out? This is the option to select dynamic EQ etc.

Yes - tried that, but the option remains greyed out? This is the option to select dynamic EQ etc.

You cannot engage Dynamic EQ or Dynamic Volume unless Audyssey room EQ is itself activated. If the receiver is reporting that you should run the calibration and EQ the unit then this is also an indication that the units isn't EQ'd and this is why you cannot turn Audyssey or the Dynamic options on. You need to rerun the calibration in order to rectify the situation you find yourself in.

No idea as to why the unit has decided to discard the previous EQ measurements and now indicates no such measurements were stored?

watched bad times at the el royale 4K tonight and it was like listening to surround sound for the first time again. I’m tempted to not bother recalibration with all 8 points unless people are convinced it will sound better again.

that impressed that I’ve not even bothered putting anti mode back in.

Forgive me for asking this question but what is Anti Mode ?

Forgive me for asking this question but what is Anti Mode ?

It is an external unit you place between an amp or AV receiver and an active subwoofer. This device EQs the signal going out to the subwoofer and is widely regarded as improving the performance of the subwoofer relative to a room's acoustics.

It is an external unit you place between an amp or AV receiver and an active subwoofer. This device EQs the signal going out to the subwoofer and is widely regarded as improving the performance of the subwoofer relative to a room's acoustics.

Excellent and thank you :thumbsup:

Dealt with via email as it was easier to communicate . Very helpful and offered range of options but I decided to see if Denon could repair it first under warranty. PT organised courier to collect today.

oh no😢 I was thinking of getting a 4500 model in Silver in a couple of weeks.. would you advise against it or you just got a bad apple so to speak?☹️

oh no😢 I was thinking of getting a 4500 model in Silver in a couple of weeks.. would you advise against it or you just got a bad apple so to speak?☹

Think I just got unlucky . Loved it whilst it was working . HDMI can be a bit of a pain sometimes and when it fails it fails . That's what warranty is for , even though it's sad to send it off to hospital .

oh no😢 I was thinking of getting a 4500 model in Silver in a couple of weeks.. would you advise against it or you just got a bad apple so to speak?☹
Mine is 1,5 years old now and working fine every day!
It’s fantastic looking in silver by the way.
Just take care to connect or disconnect HDMI while all devices are switched off.
I’m planning to add a good integrated amp With HT bypass for stereo on the front channels. If you go for one box and music is important, maybe a Marantz will please you more.

Tried to get atmos last night through my Apple TV but all I get is multi channel in or multi in +DSur have reset both devices and set them back up but the same results. It showed atmos before so any ideas ?
Thanks

Tried to get atmos last night through my Apple TV but all I get is multi channel in or multi in +DSur have reset both devices and set them back up but the same results. It showed atmos before so any ideas ?
Thanks
Did you update to tvOS 14?

Did you update to tvOS 14?
Was on the beta since the start with no problems but I think it has been a week since I used the Apple TV usually just watch apps on my tv

I had posted this over in the X6500H thread but it would apply to the X4500H as well as it utilises the same dual line panel display, I was wandering if anybody could confirm how Dolby Digital Plus with DSU engaged is displayed on their X4500H's front panel display, is it like my X8500H in the top image, or is it like in current 2020 models in the below image,
Dolby Digital + DDS.png

DD+ DSur.jpeg

also when you select Dolby sound modes does it have the same redundancy like in the newer 2019/2020 models where it states "Dolby Audio - Dolby Digital Plus" or Dolby Audio - Dolby Surround" like in the below image, I gather 99.9% of owners couldn't care less but was curious why the geniuses at Sound United, well the Japanese engineers felt the need to change it for change sake & not utilise the dual line display a lot better or simply leave it how it once was like on 2017 & prior Denon models.

Dolby Audio - Dolby Surround.png

Well reset
Was on the beta since the start with no problems but I think it has been a week since I used the Apple TV usually just watch apps on my tv
both the Apple TV and the avr with the same result no atmos, so fired up the Blu-ray player and tried a couple of discs and atmos playing so must be the Apple TV, will wait for an update

Thanks

What app or streaming service were you actually attempting to get Atmos in association with?

There's nothing unusual about Atmos being conveyed to an AV receiver in conjuction with myltichannel PCM if using an Apple TV. The Apple TV uses Dolby MAT to fascilitate Atmos so will convey the Atmos metadata with multichannel PCM as opposed to bitstreaming the DD+ encoded audio package associated with streaming serrvices inclusive of the Atmos metadata. The AV receiver should however indocate Atmos on its front panel display if and when such Atmos metadata is present though.

Have you correctly configured the ATV's audio output as instructed here:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom