Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

MrNikeR

No, the only connection between the TV and the receiver is the single HDMI cable. It's in a theater room, so call cabling needed to be behind walls, so I was trying to keep it as simple as possible.
What make and model is the

MrNikeR

It's a Samsung 65" 4K, lower end, don't have the exact model number on hand, but something like the UN65NU6950. He's going to get a nicer set eventually, but this is the place-holder until

MrNikeR

Have you tried powering off everything and then unplug HDMI cable, reinsert then power back on to force a new handshake between devices.

Check for updates on Firmware?

On the Samsung for sound should be set to HDMI ARC or something along those lines.

Have you tried powering off everything and then unplug HDMI cable, reinsert then power back on to force a new handshake between devices.

Check for updates on Firmware?

On the Samsung for sound should be set to HDMI ARC or something along those lines.
Yep, did all the firmware updates, power on-off cycles, etc.

I'm very confused as to how the cable can transmit the volume commands, but yet have no sound. All the settings are correct as far as I can see, and I would assume the handshake took place otherwise it wouldn't be able to transmit the volume commands/etc. The whole thing has me severely stumped!

MrNikeR

No, the only connection between the TV and the receiver is the single HDMI cable. It's in a theater room, so call cabling needed to be behind walls, so I was trying to keep it as simple as possible.
You are getting sound output from BluRay etc

RobTi

I would have said in the wrong hdmi port on the tv or a complete power down, sorry I can’t throw anything into the ring

I would have said in the wrong hdmi port on the tv or a complete power down, sorry I can’t throw anything into the ring
Yeah, I'm just at a loss for what the problem could be unless an HDMI cable can be capable of transmitting commands/handshake but not the audio somehow :-/

MrNikeR

MrNikeR

You could go into Setup Assistant and then into TV Audio Connection and recheck settings
If and when you change any HDMI settings always reset power to allow the changes.

You could go into Setup Assistant and then into TV Audio Connection and recheck settings
Yeah, I used the setup assistant again after I updated the firmware and reset to factory settings. I'm thinking either there's something wrong with the receiver or it's some sort of odd cable issue :-/

MrNikeR

Yeah, I used the setup assistant again after I updated the firmware and reset to factory settings. I'm thinking either there's something wrong with the receiver or it's some sort of odd cable issue :-/
It is baffling to say the least.
What about trying Monitor 2

It is baffling to say the least.
What about trying Monitor 2
I'll see what happens when I get out to his place again (it's a bit far away). I'm thinking about bringing a small tv or something that I know works with ARC to see if I can start ruling things out next time.

MrNikeR

I'll see what happens when I get out to his place again (it's a bit far away). I'm thinking about bringing a small tv or something that I know works with ARC to see if I can start ruling things out next time.
Have a deeper look at his TV settings for sound and ARC.
Are the Cables new and certified 18 speed ?

MrNikeR

Has Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) been enabled ?

MrNikeR

New update available

MrNikeR

dante01

Distinguished Member

garysevern

Just got my x4500 back from Denon UK (courtesy of Richer Sounds) after I complained of loud clicks when changing sources or channels followed by loss of sound. Work Done says. “Digital PCB replaced by SST”. Could any techies here elaborate on that please? To me that just says “circuit board replaced “.

MrNikeR

Just got my x4500 back from Denon UK (courtesy of Richer Sounds) after I complained of loud clicks when changing sources or channels followed by loss of sound. Work Done says. “Digital PCB replaced by SST”. Could any techies here elaborate on that please? To me that just says “circuit board replaced “.
The clicks which are made by Electro-mechanical relays are a normal function of the unit...are you saying those clicks were louder than 'normal' ? And now after repair ??

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published