Denon AVR-X4500H Owners Thread

D-an-W

Ok thanks, that works too.

I guess there is no way of using the app without running Audyssey again?

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Ok thanks, that works too.

I guess there is no way of using the app without running Audyssey again?

No idea on that count and I'm not sure as to whether or not it allows you to jump straight in and edit previous cueves resulting from calibrations done prior to you owning the app? It doesn't take that long to do an 8 point calibration anyway.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Nonsense. They love it and will want you to do it at least twice a week, especially during their favourite TV programs.

Last edited:

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Just tell them it's an avant-garde electronica band.

stustu

Novice Member
Hi everyone, I am looking to buy the Denon X4500 with a 5.1 set of speakers for surround sound, the 2 rear surrounds will be on a computer desk and I was wondering if I can use them for computer sound via bluetooth using the quick select buttons on remote for quick use?
So Quick select 1 would be standard surround sound 5.1 and then Quick select 2 would be bluetooth mode and all speakers on mute except the 2 rears. Can this be done? Sorry for the simple question as I dont have any experience with AV units. Also could the sound volume be controlled by the computer (windows 10)?
Many thanks

amita

Probably a noob question, but it’s driving me nuts. After running Audyssey, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to see what levels the channels have been set at. I can find distances, crossover, no problems. How on earth do I see the channel levels?!

gibbsy

Found it! Thanks so much.
You should also note that under the Audyssey section of the audio set up you will see the manual option. This is where you need to go to set your speakers to small and alter the crossovers, 80hz if Audyssey has set them lower than that, but do not drop them to that figure if it has been set higher.

There you will also see your levels which can be manually altered by running the test tone. Audyssey does a good job with levels but if you have any upfiring Atmos speakers then they can be adjusted to give a higher output.

MrNikeR

Found it! Thanks so much.
May I ask what are the Dali Alteco's like...I am researching for height speakers x 4.

amita

May I ask what are the Dali Alteco's like...I am researching for height speakers x 4.
You should also note that under the Audyssey section of the audio set up you will see the manual option. This is where you need to go to set your speakers to small and alter the crossovers, 80hz if Audyssey has set them lower than that, but do not drop them to that figure if it has been set higher.

There you will also see your levels which can be manually altered by running the test tone. Audyssey does a good job with levels but if you have any upfiring Atmos speakers then they can be adjusted to give a higher output.
That’s very helpful. I’m running humble Kef 3005SE eggs, so have set crossover a little higher at 100hz both for them and the Dalis. The crossovers were set anywhere between 60 and 100Hz for the speakers by the Audyssey calibration!

Last edited:

amita

They’re pretty good. Well made, relatively easy to wall mount with a couple of screws to hang them off. I’m using them as heights rather than upfiring. Not had them for long, so still in the running in period but they add a fullness and create a lovely bubble of sound with certain Atmos soundtracks. I recommend trying them.

amita

Gibbsy, one more question. Under the Options shortcut on the remote is Channel Level Adjust. When going into this, all channels show as being at 0dB with the option to adjust by +/- 12dB either way. I’m assuming that these adjustments are all relative to the levels set during the Audyssey room calibration?

gibbsy

Gibbsy, one more question. Under the Options shortcut on the remote is Channel Level Adjust. When going into this, all channels show as being at 0dB with the option to adjust by +/- 12dB either way. I’m assuming that these adjustments are all relative to the levels set during the Audyssey room calibration?
Yes, the level shown reflects 0 as the saved level. The levels set by Audyssey also seem right for the Eggs from my recollection when I had them.

amita

Yes, the level shown reflects 0 as the saved level. The levels set by Audyssey also seem right for the Eggs from my recollection when I had them.
Brilliant, thanks once again 👍🏼

Roohster

Distinguished Member
My 4500 arrived yesterday and very happy with it so far!

I have another question though - it looks like Audyssey failed to calibrate one channel:
Left.PNG
Centre.PNG

First picture is left front (right front is pretty much identical) but the second shows the centre with "before" and "after" the same.

I'm going to run Audyssey again later but though I'd see if anyone else had ever encountered this?

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
My 4500 arrived yesterday and very happy with it so far!

I have another question though - it looks like Audyssey failed to calibrate one channel:
View attachment 1338913View attachment 1338914

First picture is left front (right front is pretty much identical) but the second shows the centre with "before" and "after" the same.

I'm going to run Audyssey again later but though I'd see if anyone else had ever encountered this?
Have you dragged the curtain to the left, I find if I drag it left to say 1khz it has a bigger effect than expected, i.e. it doesn't stop dead at 1khz

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Have you dragged the curtain to the left, I find if I drag it left to say 1khz it has a bigger effect than expected, i.e. it doesn't stop dead at 1khz
Curtain? Is that the thingy in the MultiEQ frequency range?

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I did, but it didn't affect the uncalibrated oddness oddness in the centre speaker.

Or did you mean do that then re-run Audyssey?

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
If you drag it left then go back to results the red graph shows the EQ taking into account the freq range you want to eq. If you leave it fully right in range the red will be flat, if you drag it left the red will be untouched past the freq range line, plus quite a bit to the left of it

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Ok, I did that:

centre2.PNG

Doesn't that just ignore the frequencies above 1k though?
My centre results look "off" across the whole range.

Centre.PNG

(Thanks for your patience. Sorry about all the questions, first time I've used MultEQ/Audyssey)

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
Ha ha, I wasn't saying do it, I was asking had you done it consciously or by accident etc?

Without doing it I get this depending on bbc dip settings :-

Without dip
20200723_081851687_iOS.png

20200723_081140322_iOS.png

With dip
20200723_081114697_iOS.png

20200723_081122041_iOS.png

With the curtain pulled back to 1khz I get this :-
20200723_081101674_iOS.png

20200723_081108012_iOS.png

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett