Question Denon AVR X4500H One Channel Not Working Issue

mr gothic

hi i have a denon x4500h avr which im having a issue with speaker channel.
ive recently add 4 atmos speakers installed in ceiling and did the amp assign for a 5.1.4 setup did a manual test tone and im getting sound from all speakers bar my front right speaker if i play music in 2 channel stereo i get the music through both speakers so they are wired up right does this mean i have a dead channel in surround mode?
i remember awhile back when i just had heights on the wall the audysessy would only pick up 3 of the height speakers and pick up all the 5 floor layout speakers this was a temp setup till i got the ceiling speakers installed and bought an external amp to go upto 7.1.4 setup so didnt worry at the time
i have a 5 year guarantee with richer sounds with amp.
anybody had the same issues?
cheers

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest that your receiver has a fault and that you should get this repaired under warranty if the receiver is syill covered? You should really have done this as soon as the issue originally arose relative to the height speakers.

The only other thing worth checking is that the speaker in question itself is working? Have you tried that same speaker via a different set of speaker terminals? If it works using different terminals then it isn't the speaker at fault.

Last edited:

mr gothic

hi dante

the front speakers are working ive tried them with my audiolab amp.
i have 3 years left on the warranty will give richer sounds a ring.
cheers

Toon Army

hi dante

the front speakers are working ive tried them with my audiolab amp.
i have 3 years left on the warranty will give richer sounds a ring.
cheers
How did it go with RS? I have an X4400H from them with the extended warranty. No problems to date but it's always nice to know if RS honoured the warranty.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom