Denon AVR X4500h firmware update issue

AVPup84

Novice Member
Well I've got a 3500 and mines doing the exact same thing. It usually keeps the front display panel on showing the progress, but it's just switching off. The only way I got it back on was through switching it off at the mains, which I really don't like doing when doing firmware updates.
It always clicks and switches off the display output to TV when doing an update. As long as the front panel is showing the progress. Just wait until the progress gets to 100% and complete the update.

AVPup84

Novice Member
It always clicks and switches off the display output to TV when doing an update. As long as the front panel is showing the progress. Just wait until the progress gets to 100% and complete the update.
Sorry just read your post properly. Half a sleep actually 😂. Looks like you’re not getting the front panel display and switches off similar to what I experienced. I would suggest, keeping off mains for 1hr or so before attempting it again. Also once you powered it back up, check your network settings (just to make sure it hasn’t forgotten your connection) before trying the firmware update again

AVPup84

Novice Member
Hello people😊
Has anyone got any experienced using X4500h and above with surge protectors? I bought my self a belkin 8 way protector for all my home cinema gear but was told by the installer not to plug any high current devices (Which includes my denon, NAD pre amp and sub) on to the SP so ended just plugging my OLED and BluRay P. I also received a similar response from Denon support today saying unless I’m running the AVR at low levels, they also recommend not using a SP. I know in the UK we have clean mains so many people don’t use surge protectors but would like to ur thoughts on this subject?

AVPup84

Novice Member
Did you manage to update your 3600 successfully?

alkax

Do any of you guys use HEOS to play off a DLNA server? Just curious to see if you're experiencing the same issues I am because HEOS keeps killing the network functions on my Marantz that I have to send it back for servicing.

bruce5793

Novice Member
Just turned on my Denon 4500 and got a notice of another firmware update. Looking for any information on problems or issues with this Update. thank you

AVPup84

Novice Member
My denon (4500h) ran very hot yesterday. Of course current hot weather and ambient in the room isn’t helping I’m sure. Usually it runs warm which I’m sure it’s pretty standard but yesterday it ran hot. It was hot to touch (but not uncomfortable meaning you could still keep your hand on top grill without burning yourself but it still felt very hot) this was during a 2hr movie running volume levels around 65 on full 7.1.4 Atmos.

I have around 4 inches clearance above and 2-3 on either side and front is completely open but back is not. Also not much clearance on the back.

How hot is too hot? Even though it ran hot, it didn’t go to thermal protection mode. do I need some sort of cooling? I was thinking of couple of pc type usb powered fans on top grill sucking air out? but how can I vent this air out from front? If I just leaving on top it may well suck it out and up and it will just hit the shelf on top of it (around 5 inches above) and I’m concerned the heat will still be in and around the bottom shelf where the AVR sits.

most of dedicated coolers suck as AC infinity vents from behind which isn’t suitable for me because the back is closed.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Jetjohn

Novice Member
Hello
Wonder if anyone experienced any issues with the latest firmware update on their 4500 or 6500 series? I attempted to run the latest firmware update yesterday and the unit just turned itself off (I mean off not standby so no display, not even the standby indicator o around the power button) and won’t start up. I mean literally as soon as I hit update, it instantly killed power to it! I couldn’t repower So ended up removing off mains, and connecting back up and it came back to life. I attempted the update again and boom.. exactly the same thing! This time I left it off, removed from mains for 1/2hr approx before plugging it back on to mains and powering it back up. Again as usually started up without issues but after the boot up, receiver front display showed firmware update available to perform and the receiver has automatically has gone into the firmware update page on setup. I hit update for the one last time, and it took me to a page warning me that unit won’t be operational during update etc and will power off for the update but this time it actually worked! I mean it turned the display off at TV end as it would be during a update process but receivers front panel stayed on showing the update progress etc.

has anyone experienced anything like this?
Thanks in advance and sorry about the long description of my explerience!
What is meant by " removing off mains" ? I am having the exact problem you did but can't figure out what you mean by mains?

JB

AVPup84

Novice Member
What is meant by " removing off mains" ? I am having the exact problem you did but can't figure out what you mean by mains?

JB
Is your system brandnew? Are you updating for the first time? Reason I’m asking is I haven’t received an update in 5 months or so. I had this issue on day 1. It usually happens when the system forgets its network configuration. So the first thing I recommend is it check your network settings before pressing updates. If the system turn off, turn the power off at the mains/wall leave it for for an hour before turning back on. Once on, try it again after your network settings under setup

MrNikeR

Am I seeing as a new option on the remote App under Sound Output - Picture Mode ?
I have never seen it until today ?

AVPup84

Novice Member
Does anyone know whether the 2 sub out is mono? Some of the AVR use an internal splitter for the 2 sub ports but some top end models use genuine stereo sub outs for left and right. If it’s mono I’m wondering whether I can use a splitter on each sub out port and connect 4 subwoofers?

gibbsy

Does anyone know whether the 2 sub out is mono? Some of the AVR use an internal splitter for the 2 sub ports but some top end models use genuine stereo sub outs for left and right. If it’s mono I’m wondering whether I can use a splitter on each sub out port and connect 4 subwoofers?
You can EQ the subs into the system and they are treated as individual on the X4500 upwards. All LFE and sub signals are mono as bass is omnidirectional. It's not treated as a left and right channel, both subs will receive the exact same mono signal only levels and distances will be different depending on their position in the room when EQ'd.

AVPup84

Novice Member
You can EQ the subs into the system and they are treated as individual on the X4500 upwards. All LFE and sub signals are mono as bass is omnidirectional. It's not treated as a left and right channel, both subs will receive the exact same mono signal only levels and distances will be different depending on their position in the room when EQ'd.
Thanks so can I disconnect the my current .1LFE from my sub and connect that to a splitter, and use that one connection from the Denon to feed two subs? I would like to test this before investing in 3 more subs. Also since I’m only connecting 1 LFE cable to the AVR, (even though I have 2 in reality) will Denon let me setup as 2 subs because the 2nd port isn’t in use? I know afterwards I can set gains and distance etc individually

gibbsy

Thanks so can I disconnect the my current .1LFE from my sub and connect that to a splitter, and use that one connection from the Denon to feed two subs? I would like to test this before investing in 3 more subs. Also since I’m only connecting 1 LFE cable to the AVR, (even though I have 2 in reality) will Denon let me setup as 2 subs because the 2nd port isn’t in use? I know afterwards I can set gains and distance etc individually
It will treat that output as having one sub connected. It will not be able to take those as a separate connection to two subs, that is beyond it's built in capabilities as it is designed for one sub from each LFE output.

About Audyssey Sub EQ HT™​

Audyssey Sub EQ HT™ makes the integration of dual subwoofers seamless by first compensating for any level and delay differences between the two subwoofers and then applying Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 to both subwoofers together.
To run Audyssey Sub EQ HT™ you must select “Measure (2 spkrs)” in “Channel Select”. link.

AVPup84

Novice Member
It will treat that output as having one sub connected. It will not be able to take those as a separate connection to two subs, that is beyond it's built in capabilities as it is designed for one sub from each LFE output.

About Audyssey Sub EQ HT™​

Audyssey Sub EQ HT™ makes the integration of dual subwoofers seamless by first compensating for any level and delay differences between the two subwoofers and then applying Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 to both subwoofers together.
To run Audyssey Sub EQ HT™ you must select “Measure (2 spkrs)” in “Channel Select”. link.
Ok so to configure 2 speakers in sub configuration, I have to use the 2 separate sub outputs on denon? If I want to then add two more I can have a splitter from each sub out but as far as denon is concerned I have only 2 subs even though it’s got 4?

alkax

Ok so to configure 2 speakers in sub configuration, I have to use the 2 separate sub outputs on denon? If I want to then add two more I can have a splitter from each sub out but as far as denon is concerned I have only 2 subs even though it’s got 4?
Just curious, any benefit to setting output to 2 subs even though you have one just so you can get access to the SubEQ?

Edit: never mind

AVPup84

Novice Member
Just curious, any benefit to setting output to 2 subs even though you have one just so you can get access to the SubEQ?

Edit: never mind
I have 2 subs but not utilising the 2nd sub port so just looking at pros and cons. Eventually when I go for 4 subs I will have to utilise one port per two subs anyways

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom