Denon AVR X4500h firmware update issue

AVPup84

Novice Member
Well I've got a 3500 and mines doing the exact same thing. It usually keeps the front display panel on showing the progress, but it's just switching off. The only way I got it back on was through switching it off at the mains, which I really don't like doing when doing firmware updates.
It always clicks and switches off the display output to TV when doing an update. As long as the front panel is showing the progress. Just wait until the progress gets to 100% and complete the update.

AVPup84

Novice Member
It always clicks and switches off the display output to TV when doing an update. As long as the front panel is showing the progress. Just wait until the progress gets to 100% and complete the update.
Sorry just read your post properly. Half a sleep actually 😂. Looks like you’re not getting the front panel display and switches off similar to what I experienced. I would suggest, keeping off mains for 1hr or so before attempting it again. Also once you powered it back up, check your network settings (just to make sure it hasn’t forgotten your connection) before trying the firmware update again

AVPup84

Novice Member
Hello people😊
Has anyone got any experienced using X4500h and above with surge protectors? I bought my self a belkin 8 way protector for all my home cinema gear but was told by the installer not to plug any high current devices (Which includes my denon, NAD pre amp and sub) on to the SP so ended just plugging my OLED and BluRay P. I also received a similar response from Denon support today saying unless I’m running the AVR at low levels, they also recommend not using a SP. I know in the UK we have clean mains so many people don’t use surge protectors but would like to ur thoughts on this subject?

AVPup84

Novice Member
Did you manage to update your 3600 successfully?

alkax

Do any of you guys use HEOS to play off a DLNA server? Just curious to see if you're experiencing the same issues I am because HEOS keeps killing the network functions on my Marantz that I have to send it back for servicing.

bruce5793

Novice Member
Just turned on my Denon 4500 and got a notice of another firmware update. Looking for any information on problems or issues with this Update. thank you

AVPup84

Novice Member
My denon (4500h) ran very hot yesterday. Of course current hot weather and ambient in the room isn’t helping I’m sure. Usually it runs warm which I’m sure it’s pretty standard but yesterday it ran hot. It was hot to touch (but not uncomfortable meaning you could still keep your hand on top grill without burning yourself but it still felt very hot) this was during a 2hr movie running volume levels around 65 on full 7.1.4 Atmos.

I have around 4 inches clearance above and 2-3 on either side and front is completely open but back is not. Also not much clearance on the back.

How hot is too hot? Even though it ran hot, it didn’t go to thermal protection mode. do I need some sort of cooling? I was thinking of couple of pc type usb powered fans on top grill sucking air out? but how can I vent this air out from front? If I just leaving on top it may well suck it out and up and it will just hit the shelf on top of it (around 5 inches above) and I’m concerned the heat will still be in and around the bottom shelf where the AVR sits.

most of dedicated coolers suck as AC infinity vents from behind which isn’t suitable for me because the back is closed.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom