Denon AVR-X3600H - possibly of having sub on zone 2?

Mark In Essex

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I recently received my Denon AVR-X3600H and am quite happy with it.

I have it setup as a 5.1 but then a set of stereo speakers in the same room either side of the living room on zone 2 (as front 5.1 speakers are either side of the TV in the corner of the room thus not giving me enough space to have them a decent distance apart).

I was wondering if there is anyway of having the sun working on my zone 2 (stereo) setup as these speakers are quite small (being wall mounted) so not much decent bass)?

Thanks Mark.

Zone 2 is just stereo.

If you want to have quality music in the second room then a standalone stereo amp would give a much better performance than relying on the Denon. A sub could then be connected by high level input to the stereo amp.

If you want to have quality music in the second room then a standalone stereo amp would give a much better performance than relying on the Denon. A sub could then be connected by high level input to the stereo amp.

Hello there,

I'm afraid I don't have a second room (speakers are in the same room as the 5.1 setup).

Also I don't really have the space for big stereo speakers (that's why I had the set of small'ish stereo speakers mounted on the walls either side of the living room).

I'm wondering if it's better to get rid of the speakers either side of the living room on zone 2 and getting some better speakers for the front on the TV cabinet (although like I said they are close together (less tham 1m from left to right and don't have the space to get any larger speakers). Also the stereo speakers will be good for when we use the projector on family film night as the screen is in the middle (in front of the window).
Thanks Mark.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I'm afraid I don't have a second room (speakers are in the same room as the 5.1 setup).

Also I don't really have the space for big stereo speakers (that's why I had the set of small'ish stereo speakers mounted on the walls either side of the living room).

Thanks Mark.
Have to ask for you now to post a diagram of your room with dimensions and current speaker positioning. The X3600 will give it's best music performance with the largest of your speakers which should be the front left and right. Even in a largish room those speakers will still more than likely outperform smaller speakers, mainly because of the problems with low end extension.

So, now we need that plan and dimensions and the make and model of all current speakers in use. I use my front speakers for music in a 28sqm room, they are however, not driven by my Denon but by a Rega stereo amp which has HT by-pass as I listen to a lot of music and it's an important part of my day.

Just picked up your edit. My front speakers are standmounts, KEF R300s which I've had for several years now, front speakers may make for a better upgrade audio wise. I do have my R300s sat on a large cablinet, so that is more than a possibility for you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom