Answered Denon AVR-X3300W or new AVR-X2400H?

[email protected]

Standard Member
Hi all! So I have an Onkyo TX-SR608 that's about six or seven years old. One of the channels has blown, so I'm looking to replace it, probably with a Denon. I have recently purchased a Q Acoustics 3010 set for 5.1.

I had settled on the Denon AVR-X3300W, but I now see that there is a new model coming out soon called the AVR-X2400H that looks more powerful — 150w x 7 against 105w x 7 for the 3300. I only need one HDMI output, so do you think this represents a better option? Is there anything I'm missing in terms of reduced functionality? They look to be coming in at the same price point, so perhaps not, but thought I'd better ask.

Thanks for any advice!

dante01

Distinguished Member
THe AVRX2400 is the AVRX2300 replacement and no more powerful than the model it replaces. The X3300 will still be more powrful than the X2400.

[email protected]

Standard Member
Oh ok. Thanks for that, just looked the info up directly on Denon's site and it looks like the numbers here are wrong.

In that case, would you say that the AVR-X3400H is significantly better for those speakers mentioned than the AVR-X3300W, or is the additional power overkill?

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Either would be adequantly powerful enough to drive your speakers. It is more a matter of their features as opposed to their amplification or audio processing capabilities. The power differences aren't enough to make much of a difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom