Denon AVR X3300 paired with Tannoy Revolution xt6f

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Gtramsey2000, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Gtramsey2000

Gtramsey2000
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all

So I just bought a pair of the Tannoy Revolution speakers second hand - 8 months old and pristine condition (£600, I read the reviews and everyone raved about them so I thought a bargain at that price).
    Anyway, I hooked them up to my Denon x3300 receiver as part of my 7.0 surround sound setup (I need a sub!).
    However, the bass when playing the Tannoys in stereo mode seems conspicuously thin compared to the way I expected from all the reviews.

Could it be the receiver messing with things or am I expecting too much? I've played bass heavy tracks and they sound very light indeed.

Thanks!

2. Gtramsey2000

Gtramsey2000
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep, they are.
    I will say this; I haven't done another Audyssey set up since the change of fronts, but my understanding is that's more for crossover/volume levels etc

3. kahlua

kahlua

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +948
    i use a marantz sr7011 with tannoy dc6tse music and bass is great i run the amp in pure direct for music.

4. Gtramsey2000

Gtramsey2000
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think I've sorted it: the "auto" selection must have been interfering with the output. Direct or Pure Direct seems to fix it.