Denon AVR-X2700h Installation Help

I'll say it again and I don't care - HDMI Control is the spawn of the devil. Anyone using it does so at their own risk, it has a mind of it's own, controls what you don't want it to control while not controlling what you do want it to control.

Switch the whole thing off.

It may also be worth mentioning that the HDCP issue I believe the OP made a reference to relates to legacy devices as discussed here:

The issue is only an issue if using older TV's that are not HDCP 2.2 compliant. but isn't a problem if and when both the AVR and the TV are HDCP 2.2 compliant. This issue only effects setups where the TV is an older model that isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant.

The V6 regards the AVR as being a recording device in such instances and refuses to output anything. THe fact you are getting audio suggests this isn;t the same issue you are having. The V6 wouldn't output anything if it setermined the AVR as being a recording device. Beesides which, everything in your HDMI chain is HDCP 2.2 or 2.3 compliant.

Last edited:
one other thing to try that may be effective if it is indeed an HDCP issue. Go to the HDCP setting on the AV receiver and set this to the 2.3 option as opposed to the AUTO option. See what effect this has?
Thanks again when I gave it another try Friday it was set to 2.3 so I used reverse logics and tried it on auto and it worked go figure!

Thanks everyone for your help. Well I got it all working by making changes one by one and power cycling to make them take effect. It took my 1 hour to fix everything and I now have Virgin working through my Denon Amp. I need to reprogram the Virgin remote as it doesn't turn off my tv or amp but I know its just getting the correct code for my LG tv.

On the Denon amp I turned off HDMI ARC then turned on HDMI Control this turns back on HDMI ARC then did a power cycle and It worked! I set HDCP to auto for my Virgin Tivo source as it was previously set at 2.3. This was the sequence advised to me by Denon. I changed the video output on my Virgin TIVO box to include all outputs down to 1080p advised from Virgin Media forum. I only had the highest output selected.

I went through Apple 4K tv and checked all settings and did a cable check as I had purchased a new HDMI 2.3 shorter cable and that worked perfectly at the highest video settings. My last cable cable was I think faulty and may have caused some of the first issues so that's good.

For some reason on Netflix through Virgin every time program loads for a few second my LG tv shows a connection error message and then Netflix picture and sound come back so this is a timing out error.

Finally I connected my LG Netflix app direct and this caused a switching problem between TV speakers and HDMI ARC so I did a power cycle set it back to HDMI ARC for audio out and this fixed it. Netflix looks slightly better through my LG tv but if I select Info on my Denon remote nothing pops up so I don't know what video and audio output setting are being displayed.

All in all power cycle is the king when making any changes and you guys have all been a great help!

Thanks

I'd personally not enable the 1080p option. No TV broadcaster provides anything with 1080p to Virgin Media and all the HD content will be 1080l in nature. I'd suggest you select the following options for the V6 box's video output:

by default 2020-11-30 at 10.50.47.png

As well as the 576i option that relates to SD channels:

by default 2020-11-30 at 10.51.13.png

The above options will result in the V6 outputting whatever you are watching at its native resolution without the box applying any additional processing or upscaling to the video.

When you had just the topmost 1060p opyion selected, the bix was scalling everything to that regardless of the natives resolution of the content you were accessing via the box.

As to Netflix via your TV and you not getting the AV receiver's onscreen graphics while using ARC. This is normal and ARC is an audio only connection from the TV to the AV receiver. You can simply look at the AV receiver's own front panel display to ascertain what audio you are getting or what audio processing you are applying.

The Netflix issue associated with the V6 will simply be a delay before the devices in the HDMI chain all synce with pne another again.

Last edited:
I'd personally not enable the 1080p option. No TV broadcaster provides anything with 1080p to Virgin Media and all the HD content will be 1080l in nature. I'd suggest you select the following options for the V6 box's video output:

View attachment 1413274

As well as the 576i option that relates to SD channels:

View attachment 1413277

The above options will result in the V6 outputting whatever you are watching at its native resolution without the box applying any additional processing or upscaling to the video.

When you had just the topmost 1060p opyion selected, the bix was scalling everything to that regardless of the natives resolution of the content you were accessing via the box.

As to Netflix via your TV and you not getting the AV receiver's onscreen graphics while using ARC. This is normal and ARC is an audio only connection from the TV to the AV receiver. You can simply look at the AV receiver's own front panel display to ascertain what audio you are getting or what audio processing you are applying.

The Netflix issue associated with the V6 will simply be a delay before the devices in the HDMI chain all synce with pne another again.

Thanks for the above I will make these changes tonight when I get home. I will try again reprogramming the Virgin remote and hopefully this will be as good as I had my previous setup.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom