Denon AVR-X2700H in 2022?

SnowJim

Hi,

Is Denon AVR-X2700H DAB a good buy 2022?

My setup looks like this today :

Yamaha RX-A3030
Monitor Audio RX8 surround speakers (2 front, 1 center, 2 surround)
Velodyne spl-1200
Nvidia Shield Pro
LG OLED65C8
Nintendo Swtich and probably a PlayStation 5 in the future

The old Yamaha have a couple of problems that I can´t find a way around(have tried everything). A new AVR is needed and Denon AVR-X2700H DAB(from 2020) seems like a good fit but is it still up to date? Or is there a better choice today?

Regards

N1ck

I wouldn’t. It’s due to be replaced soon. I also think that the prices are excessive, but they have started coming down a bit, which means they should come down more soon.

YDrx

Novice Member
I did it in January. There is nothing else in stock (pioneer onkyo have dissapeared it seems) and it has earc..

nenito2k

don't but that or any other model...in 6 months or less new range will come out and be even better

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Is Denon AVR-X2700H DAB a good buy 2022?

My setup looks like this today :

Yamaha RX-A3030
Monitor Audio RX8 surround speakers (2 front, 1 center, 2 surround)
Velodyne spl-1200
Nvidia Shield Pro
LG OLED65C8
Nintendo Swtich and probably a PlayStation 5 in the future

The old Yamaha have a couple of problems that I can´t find a way around(have tried everything). A new AVR is needed and Denon AVR-X2700H DAB(from 2020) seems like a good fit but is it still up to date? Or is there a better choice today?

Regards

Try to get at least X3700H if you must buy something new, but even that is below what you got now (old flagship model) and you should ideally look used RX-A3070 which pops up often at the classifieds for ~600-700£.

Maybe make a new thread about the issues you having if someone finds solution. You never know.

ashenfie

Wait for the x2800 model.. expect it out soon
What will the 2800 have that makes it better than the 2700? I suspect when the 2800 is out the 2700 will become better value.

D

Deleted member 901590

And, if they actually follow their naming convention, they'll be called AVC-Xx900 because they missed out 2021.

N1ck

@N1ck @password1 @nenito2k do you have a link or evidence to suggest that there would be replacement models coming out this year or are you just speculating?

I guess it depends on what you mean by evidence. On the balance of probability I would go with ‘evidence’ based on market patterns, i.e. previous launch dates and current pricing which is holding and in some places dropping slightly where many other products around it are increasing in price.

nekromantik

Phill Jones from Sound United did a video and he mentions a pre production unit they testing. So that maybe a new AVR for 2022 from them. So maybe summer they may announce them.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
What will the 2800 have that makes it better than the 2700? I suspect when the 2800 is out the 2700 will become better value.

Should have more hdmi 2.1 connections as the X2700H only has one 8K input, the rest are 4K/2.0b. Example the latest new model X1700H has the upgraded hdmi 2.1 board 3+1. Many are hoping Denon would bring model that has full set of 2.1 connections like Yamaha Aventages (3 top models). I also wonder will they bump the bandwith to 48gbps at some point as some tv`s have it. Likely not needed, but could be another marketing trick to push new model.

X2x00-4x00 serie should see updates later in the year and X6700H carries to 2023, this comes from known US dealer who usually knows these, but of course if there is some part availability issue like the AKM fire or shipping issues then it may be pushed to next year.

D

Deleted member 901590

X2x00-4x00 serie should see updates later in the year and X6700H carries to 2023, this comes from known US dealer who usually knows these

Interesting. Did he/she not mention the x8500, as I'd say the flagship is due an update?

It would be so incredibly boring if all that happens across the range is more HDMI 2.1 :(

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Interesting. Did he/she not mention the x8500, as I'd say the flagship is due an update?

It would be so incredibly boring if all that happens across the range is more HDMI 2.1 :(

Nothing certain. Usually 3year lifespan with the flagship product, but there is now the X8500HA model. 2023 earliest so same time with X6700H possibly. But i wonder what new they would introduce. The units seem to have almost everything one could dream of..

ashenfie

Should have more hdmi 2.1 connections as the X2700H only has one 8K input, the rest are 4K/2.0b. Example the latest new model X1700H has the upgraded hdmi 2.1 board 3+1. Many are hoping Denon would bring model that has full set of 2.1 connections like Yamaha Aventages (3 top models). I also wonder will they bump the bandwith to 48gbps at some point as some tv`s have it. Likely not needed, but could be another marketing trick to push new model.

X2x00-4x00 serie should see updates later in the year and X6700H carries to 2023, this comes from known US dealer who usually knows these, but of course if there is some part availability issue like the AKM fire or shipping issues then it may be pushed to next year.
Maybe some may think they 2.1 HDMI but then again they could connect everything differently. I don't know of any other source device that needs HDMI 2.1 and no one needs 8K and that mostly likely 10 years away if ever.
I suspect HDMI 2.1 will die in disgrace and then it's simply down to price and real needs rather than a tick box exercise.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Maybe some may think they 2.1 HDMI but then again they could connect everything differently. I don't know of any other source device that needs HDMI 2.1 and no one needs 8K and that mostly likely 10 years away if ever.
I suspect HDMI 2.1 will die in disgrace and then it's simply down to price and real needs rather than a tick box exercise.

Games consoles and some video cards use HDMI version 2.1. It is what is used to fascilitate 4K 120Hz gaming.

No, HDMI version 2.1 isn't going to die a death. It is the current standard whether you like it or not and only one organisation has any say about that. Whatever replaces it will still facilitate 8K and higher frame rate 4K.

Whether you need them or not, most if not all new AV receivers will include full HDMI version 2.1 support via all their inputs in the next few years.

password1

Suspended
Nothing certain. Usually 3year lifespan with the flagship product, but there is now the X8500HA model. 2023 earliest so same time with X6700H possibly. But i wonder what new they would introduce. The units seem to have almost everything one could dream of..
Improved sound quality, better efficiency, perhaps more space saving...improved DAC...maybe improved stereo performance to capture some of the stereo amplifier market and try to make people spend more on an AVR using the money they would have spent on a separate stereo amp for systems that are dual purpose. A few other features from other AVRs that aren't patented, ability to insert a SIM card, 3 or 4 zones...bi amp every channel..

nenito2k

@N1ck @password1 @nenito2k do you have a link or evidence to suggest that there would be replacement models coming out this year or are you just speculating?
No evidence needed dude... Just pure logic. Max avr lifespan has been 24 months... Except for very high end models...
,when the world was normal... Lifespan of avrs was 12 months...

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Improved sound quality, better efficiency, perhaps more space saving...improved DAC...maybe improved stereo performance to capture some of the stereo amplifier market and try to make people spend more on an AVR using the money they would have spent on a separate stereo amp for systems that are dual purpose. A few other features from other AVRs that aren't patented, ability to insert a SIM card, 3 or 4 zones...bi amp every channel..

The DACs are already high quality even on the X1700H level products (same as X4700H- 6700H has) or should i say they were before AKM fire as they now using some lower spec one on few models.
I doubt they will do any internal changes other than the hdmi board. Some new useless features which the PR department is going to push hard and then they have to pay more license fees.

Would wish they would add preouts for lower models like X2700H. Marantz is doing that already with SR5015. Yamaha has preouts for front mains in RX-V6A too.

Jay53

The DACs are already high quality even on the X1700H level products (same as X4700H- 6700H has) or should i say they were before AKM fire as they now using some lower spec one on few models.
I doubt they will do any internal changes other than the hdmi board. Some new useless features which the PR department is going to push hard and then they have to pay more license fees.

Would wish they would add preouts for lower models like X2700H. Marantz is doing that already with SR5015. Yamaha has preouts for front mains in RX-V6A too.

They do on US x1700 / x2700 models as zone2 has stereo preout.

Didn't know x1700 had same DACs as x4700. Does that make the higher than the x2700/x3700?

Makes the next question even more relevant.

Is the x2700 sonically (yes it has better auddesy, whoop de do lol) that much better than the x1700 as the price is not much different and appears that's the only reason to trade working multiple hdmi 2.1 inputs for?

D

Deleted member 901590

Is the x2700 sonically (yes it has better auddesy, whoop de do lol) that much better than the x1700

My understanding is that the x1700 and x2700 both have the same Audyssey MultEQ XT.

The x3700 and upwards have XT32 with Sub EQ HT.

The S series models only have the MultEQ. (Note, not XT).

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand