• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR-X2600H Sound protection mode fault

gespinoza

Novice Member
good evening, we just had a media room/movie theater room built with a projector and an Denon AVR-X2600H receiver and subwoofer installed. I was informed that when they installed the ceiling speakers, they ran the speaker wire in the ceiling, daisy chained all 5 speakers to where the receiver is located and then connected the speaker wire to the receiver. everything seems to be hooked up correctly. We have a blue ray player hooked up to the receiver with online capabilities. When we go to play movies online, for example Netflix, Amazon, it plays for a bit, but then the receiver shuts down and goes into sound protection mode fault. I have seen online that people have similar problems with the receivers overheating. I've checked all connection ends at the speaker wire to receiver and speaker wire to each speaker. Is the daisy chained speaker wire ok to do with the 5 ceiling speakers to connect to the receiver? Any help is possible. Also, the receiver is located in a small closet room on a shelf with a door, an enclosed closet room.

thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom