Denon AVR X2600 no video or audio

nevC

I turned my X2600 on yesterday, the display worked and the remote switched sources, however, there was no sound and no video signal was output, not even the Denon menu screen.
It was plugged out last night and it worked today when I plugged it in. This evening I turned it on again and it's back to square one; no video or audio.
It's only 18 months old or less. I couldn't find much online about problems with this model so it doesn't seem to be a known issue.
Any help much appreciated.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Sounds like HDMI board is stuffed

Upvote 0

alkax

Sounds like a fairly common issue to me. I had to have the HDMI board replaced in my X4700, and that was less than a year old.

Upvote 0

nevC

There is also no sound from a CD player connected via RCA phono. Could a faulty HDMI board affect all audio and video output regardless of the source, including analogue?
At least it's not unknown for this to happen. A bit disappointing as I have had Denon CD and DVD players that were well built.

Upvote 0

gibbsy

There is also no sound from a CD player connected via RCA phono. Could a faulty HDMI board affect all audio and video output regardless of the source, including analogue?
At least it's not unknown for this to happen. A bit disappointing as I have had Denon CD and DVD players that were well built.
That makes it sound (no pun intended) as a more serious fault than the HDMI board. If it's under warranty it will need to go back for a repair. I'm on my fifth Denon AV amp and all have been absolutely faultless. I've had a Denon blu ray player die a horrible death which was replaced under warranty and I have a Denon SACD player that is built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

There's always the chance of buying a lemon and obviously that's no consolation but all in all I find Denon products to be reliable.

Upvote 0

Jester1066

@nevC
While it does sound like your receiver is faulty and will require repair. Before you box it all up, I'd try a factory reset of the AVR. Which can be done via the buttons on the front panel (so no need to have a video output). Here's how to do.it:

Sounds strange, but it might solve the issue. Report back if it does. Obviously after resetting (and assuming it works,) you'll need to re-run setup/Audessey.

Good luck 🙂

Upvote 0

alkax

Given my experience, if you send it back for a repair, you are in for a long wait. It will be at least a month before you get it back and you’ll receive the gamut of excuses from Covid to Brexit. My x4700 has been back 3 times over a period of 5 months and it will continue through to 6 months by my reckoning. I haven’t had any real time with it and it would’ve been great to have over lockdown. It would be great to have now if it was fully working!

If you are willing to wait, book a repair with your dealer, however, you must ensure you’ve tried everything. Try the above suggestion and also the firmware restore option in the sticky I started here: ATTN DENON AND MARANTZ OWNERS: No network functionality for HEOS users on network receivers! Temporary fix here.

If it doesn’t help, then brace yourself for a frustrating month as your dealer tells you that the service centre is still awaiting parts. You’ll have no choice but to wait and no recourse as Sound United does not respond to end users.

Upvote 0

nevC

Cheers for all the info.
I did a factory reset and it solved one problem, the analogue inputs work every time the unit is turned on now, whereas before the unit worked only intermittently. However, the HDMI inputs still output nothing.
It seems like the HDMI board is stuffed alright.
I think the problem is not specific to Denon as internal HDMI switching seems to be inherently problematic, and Denon are generally really good.
I'll try to get it looked at though the dealer I bought it from hasn't replied to my message.
I'm looking for a new receiver as, no doubt, it will be a long wait, if it happens at all.
It's possible I might be better off settling for a used machine as new higher end amps don't necessarily last any longer and aren't serviced any quicker anyway.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom