Denon AVR-X250BT / Optoma UHD300x no image.

loaky

Novice Member
I have a Denon AVR-X250BT and an Optoma UHD300x, they have worked perfectly for just over two years until now. When switching on recently both units turned on fine, though there was no image projected. The projector is working, lamp working fine and menus accessible. Everything was working the day before when powering off, no cables etc moved or changed at all.

After a fair amount of troubleshooting with a second hand amp and projector I can tell the AVR-X250BT is powering on as it should, sources selecting and receiving / outputting audio. Though the image is never output to the projector meaning the HDMI out socket has failed. Also on on the UHD300x the HDMI 4K 2.0 socket has failed, no image is received / projected, though the HDMI 1.4 socket receives and displays fine.
My question is has something on the Denon AVR-X250BT failed, also taking out the HDMI 2.0 port on the projector? Are either of these likely to be a worthwhile repair? At the moment the projector is working using the HDMI 1.4 socket with an older amp. The HDMI board in the AVR-X250BT looks fine with no sign of damaged components, and I haven't inspected the UHD300x yet.
Any advice would be great as I'd ideally like to get both working to their former glory especially not being that old.

Thanks! :hiya:

JimmyJay

Novice Member
Loaky - I'm not familiar with that Denon AVR but question: are you only outputting to the projector or do you have the AVR outputting to a TV as well? I have both a TV and Optoma projector connected thru a Denon X3700 AVR and was having problems with HMDI switching. In my Denon HDMI settings, I can set it to Monitor 1 Out, Monitor 2 Out or Monitor (auto), the latter should provide auto switching if you turn off the TV and turn on the Projector (and visa versa). Do you have this capability in the X250BT?

loaky

Novice Member
Hi Jimmy. Thanks for the post, I forgot to reply!

The X250BT only has the one HDMI Out, and a composite. I've connected different devices to the output projectors and a monitor and nothing receives anything from the amp. A friend at work has looked at it and he thinks it's the chip on the main board that handles HDMI as it's running very hot, which sounds logical to be that. He said the chip is about ~£70 to source from China, or a second hand board would be about £100. As the unit cost £180 I'm considering cutting my losses with it tbh..

I haven't looked at the projector in detail yet as I'm currently using it, albeit without the 4K HDMI 2.0 port. I haven't taken it apart yet to inspect as I don't wan to risk making it worse, and probably wont be anything obviously fixable.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom