Denon AVR-X2400H

Thinus Joubert

Novice Member
Hi

Denon AVR-X2400H
HDMI out was not working, sound was working perfectly.
I took it to a technitian to troubleshoot and he did a reset on the device. After the reset I am unable to enter the setup mode on the AVR. The remote is working the display is working but nothing when pressing the Setup button.

I have tried numerous apps to enter the setup, but not able to set the sound settings and get sound from the device.
I have done a firmware upgrade using IP Control (only able to adjust network settings - not the full menu) without any success.
I have done numerous facory resets, it will initialize and the show the source input without going into the setup.
I tried all ource inputs, spdif, rca's, tried internet radio, tried local radio stations, tried HEOS to play music, tried USB, still nou sound from the device.

Baiscally I am stuck when trying to enter setup mode on the AVR, keep in my mind I cannot connect a display / monitor.

Any help would highly appreciated !

Regards
Thinus

Jester1066

Hi.

Sounds really obvious, but make sure you press the "Zone 1" button on the remote control. Then try entering setup.

Ideally you do need a tv/monitor to setup an AVR. While not strictly impossible to do without one it is Very difficult imo

Thinus Joubert

Novice Member
Hi.

Sounds really obvious, but make sure you press the "Zone 1" button on the remote control. Then try entering setup.

Ideally you do need a tv/monitor to setup an AVR. While not strictly impossible to do without one it is Very difficult imo
Thank you for the response.
I already checked that Zone is selected.

If I can get into the setup I will be able to enable IP control permissions so I can amend the setup settings using a computer with the IP address. At the moment I can only access the network settings using the IP and will need to enable IP control on the AVR in order to access the sound setup etc.

Regards
Thinus

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom