Denon AVR-X2200W vs Sonos

MikhailCompo

I am about to receive an LG C1 55" and also about to move house in about 5 weeks, so I am reviewing my setup (yeeeees, I knooooow I probably shouuuuuld have waiting until we move in to new house before buying the TV, but who knows with delivery/sourcing issues whether I would miss out and the price just fell to £1099....anyway....).

I love my Denon AVR-X2200W, I don't know if it will support all the latest formats though. Is it still up to date? Is it I missing any recent formats and standards?

With the faff of speaker wire, wall mounting speakers etc. I am seriously considering using my Sonos Beam (gen 1) + One speakers and potentially adding a couple more Ones + sub. I know it won't be up to the same standard as a dedicated receiver, but I would like to know what people who have used both think of the pros and cons?

Pug72

The only problem I have with my 2200 and LG OLEDs are that Atmos over ARC has a lag.
I connect my PS5 & Xbox SX straight to the tv for the 120Hz 4K and variable frame rates, but the Atmos lag means I have to use standard 5.1 on the Xbox.

I really want to upgrade my AVR but it's such a mess out there at the mo with hardware faults/waiting for firmware updates to enable modes that it's put me right off for now.

I'd be happy with similar to the 2200 but with eARC if I could guarantee no Atmos lag.

MikhailCompo

The only problem I have with my 2200 and LG OLEDs are that Atmos over ARC has a lag.
I connect my PS5 & Xbox SX straight to the tv for the 120Hz 4K and variable frame rates, but the Atmos lag means I have to use standard 5.1 on the Xbox.

I really want to upgrade my AVR but it's such a mess out there at the mo with hardware faults/waiting for firmware updates to enable modes that it's put me right off for now.

I'd be happy with similar to the 2200 but with eARC if I could guarantee no Atmos lag.
Is this an LG issue or the Denon?

eARC is kind of pointless if there is latency.

Pug72

Some with various tv & AVRs say they have lag with Atmos over eARC some don't. All I know is I get it from LG to Denon 2200 over standard ARC and am wary of spending money on an eARC AVR to find the lag is till evident.

The lag will be gone if I buy a new HDMI 2.1 compatible AVR as I'd then connect all devices straight to it, but I've spent ages reading pages & pages here and am still no closer to finding what I need.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom