Denon AVR-X2200W display when ATMOS detected?

chris2922

I have recently ordered a new ATMOS speaker package to replace my old 5.1 setup.

My receiver is a Denon AVR-X2200W which following a firmware update can supposedly decode and play Dolby ATMOS.

My media player/source is an ODroid N2+ running CoreELEC and when i play a movie with Dolby TrueHD with Dobly ATMOS detected in the file - the Denon displays this on the front panel (see image).

I dont think this is playing ATMOS is it?

Its difficult because if i was talking about 5.1 vs 7.1 i would just listen to the speakers to check theyre working but im not so sure about ATMOS.

What would the Denon display on the front panel if it had detected an ATMOS stream?

Attachments

• Denon_front_panel.JPG
    Denon_front_panel.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 138

chris2922

This happens almost every time i post a question on a forum - i suddenly realise I have tried/checked something. And in this case its the "amp assign" setting on my Denon. It was set to "zone 2" which means the final two channels are used for another rooms audio - so obviously ATMOS wont work. Quick change over to the correct setting and sorted. Only posting this here in case it help anyone else.

Attachments

• Atmos.JPG
    Atmos.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 135
D

Deleted member 901590

It's like when you climb the stairs and say "I've forgotten what I came upstairs for", then remember by saying it 🤣

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom