Denon AVR-X2200W/AVR-X3200W Owners Thread

Ok I didn't know that thanks. You would think optical would be able to handle it.

Wondered why my blu Rays always sounded better!

Ok I didn't know that thanks. You would think optical would be able to handle it.

Wondered why my blu Rays always sounded better!

Both Optical and ARC are the same from an audio point of view.

If you have your bluray player plugged into the receiver via HDMI and then the receiver outputting to the TV then you will get the full HD audio from your bluray. You should see DTA HD MA on the LCD display.

If you have the bluray player plugged into your TV and then running the audio back to the receiver using ARC or Opitcal you will only get the lossy DTS core track.

I have a lot of DTS MA trailers, how would you get the full benefit if they are on a hard drive?

I have a lot of DTS MA trailers, how would you get the full benefit if they are on a hard drive?

You would need to play them via a media player that connects directly to the receiver via HDMI and support full bitstreaming of HD audio. AN example of one would be the NVidia Shield I believe.

The way I do it it via a HTPC connected directly to the receiver. Some bluray player allow you to play from a hard drive and bitstream HD audio, but not many as I'm aware.

Another issue now; I've attached a centre back speaker, creating a 6.1 system.. The info screen shows the SB is active but no sound comes out of of unless the amp is set to all channels stereo ...

I've tried numerous things, setting the surround backs to 2 speakers, using DTS source; using Dolby, using PCM, setting the receiver the 'multi channel and 7.1' but nothing seems to get this speaker working .. Is it just nothing is sending a 6.1 signal so it won't decode it... I thought it would at least ghost some kind of noise through it?

It's connected solely to the surround left terminal on the receiver.. And then to the +ve terminals on the speaker ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
Lol can't even get the optical working now :(

Make sure you assign it in the Input Assignments section of the denon menu. Also, make sure you TV audio is set to output via optical.

All working thanks :) just need to look into the Nvidia Sheild now.

How can I get the onscreen volume display working with sky q ? Also can't get monitor 2 to output to my pj ?
Change HDMI connection from Monitor 1 to Dual in the receiver Video settings

Last edited:
All working thanks :) just need to look into the Nvidia Sheild now.

NVidia shield is just one I think works, but not 100% sure. I would definetly research to make sure. Make sure whatever you get can fully bitstream all HD audio codecs and is reviewed to do that.

NVidia shield is just one I think works, but not 100% sure. I would definetly research to make sure. Make sure whatever you get can fully bitstream all HD audio codecs and is reviewed to do that.

Yes you can. I'm streaming my Dolby Atmos trailers through a Shield using SMPC player (Kodi) and 7.1 DTS passes through seamlessly.

Just got my 2200W this week so still getting used to different settings etc. In the video output settings I noticed you can set scaling options. Does anyone know if you can downscale 4k SKY q using these options? I am getting Sky Q installed later this month and will be getting a 4k tv end of September but short term was wondering if can output at 4k to the amp and it will downscale to 1080p for my Panasonic plasma to accept?
I am guessing there would be no real benefit as sky must just downscale the 4k broadcast but just curious to know if this would work.

Wouldn't worry about the scaling of video... Your Tv should do the work necessary :)

Wouldn't worry about the scaling of video... Your Tv should do the work necessary :)
His tv wont downscale, it will just be a black screen :p. I would have thought you could set the output of sky q to 1080p tho.

Yeah
His tv wont downscale, it will just be a black screen :p. I would have thought you could set the output of sky q to 1080p tho.
yeah sky q can output at1080p which i believe the box scales from i to p as think sky still broadcast hd in 1080i. Was really just curious whether amp could downscale the 4K as it may give slightly better result than normal hd channel. Will test it out on the footy once sky q installed.

So what's the best input for PC on this amp? I need 3 HDMI inputs that take 60fps for my PS4, Xbox One and PC. My PS4 and Xbox One are okay on Blu Ray and Game respectively but my PC is only 30fps on Media Player and Aux2. I guess I could try the others and there is the front HDMI but I'd rather not use it as it makes the amp look cluttered.

Edit: Solved it (sort of). I made the desktop native 4k and now I have 60fps. But when I went to 1080p I suffered some overscan. Hopefully my games will be okay in 1080p (most I can't run well at 4k).

What's the lag like when gaming on PC when going via the 2200? Looking at picking a refurb up from RS

Hello all...need a little help please...I'm unable to pair my Samsung s4 phone with my amp..my Samsung tab works fine but my phone won't even find the amp...any tips would be greatly appreciated..

Good spot cheers, what the hell is the Pandora fix?

Also with the delay being down to underspecced chips on the lower end models might the sound not be as good as we hoped!

As far as I'm aware. DSU wouldn't effect discrete channels that are already present so unsure as to why you can hear a difference when DSU is engaged? I've just tried it on my Yamaha RXA1050 with a Dolby Digital 5.1 source. Even though I've height speakers and a 5.1.2 configuration, the audio levels are about the same whether applying DSU to the audio or whether outputting just the discrete 5.1 audio using the receiver's STRAIGHT mode. I've also tried it with the heights turned off and again the rsults same the same irrespective of whether engaging DSU or not. Not at all sure as to why Dolby Digital 5.1 is sounding louder via your setup?
Ive just testd this morning, the reason it gets louder is due to the dolby surround not putting speech through the centre, only the 2 fronts which is wierd. This is with a dolby digital 5.1 source.

Anyone ever had issues on internet radio, Bluetooth or airplay sources on the 2200W? last night I was watching some Olympics through sky and went to play some music through airplay and then set screen to still show Olympics but when phone connected and played some music there was crackling and popping interference and green lines flashing across the screen with it almost losing all picture to screen. Same issue if switched to sources that I haven't set up or use. Sky, firestick and xbox one sources all perfect. Tried switching off and thought would leave until this morning and still same. Unplugged amp and then tried again and seems ok now.
It's a refurbed unit from RS but wondering if this is a common issue. Will keep an eye on it so I can send it back if it continues to happen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom