Denon AVR-X2200W and Sonos

xof

Novice Member
Hi I’m not the greatest with amps so thought I’d ask on her.
A friend has move into a new house and has inherited a denon AVR-X2200W, a projector not sure of brand, loads of networking equipment which I’ve worked out and got running. He’s also brought over his sonon amp and Sonos connect amps.

He has 2 lounges with 6 speakers in each and 1 has the projector, subwoofer and tv.
The amp and Sonos products are in separate room in a rack.

Atm lounge 1 has his Sonos connect amp connected but we’ve only found 4 of the 6 speakers, I’m there tomorrow and will find the remaining 2.

Lounge 2 has again 4 of 6 speakers connected to the amp, sub is also connected but not producing bass.
The projector is also connected to the amp here and has a fire stick plugged into it.

He’s under the impression that the denon can play the fire stick in 1 room and music in the other if setup correctly, is this possible???

He also like the sound from his tv to go back to amp and through the speakers but there’s only cat5 between. He’s ordered an optical over cat5 device but we’re not sure this is answer.

So
1 can the denon control 2 zones playing different things???
2 Is it possible to route the sound from the tv back to the amp and through the speakers???
3 Shd get rid of the amp and just use the Sonos connect amps???

Sorry for the long first post

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom