Denon AVR-X2100W hdmi passthrough

DavidT

I have a Denon AVR which is setup for HDMI passthrough on HDMI1 that has a Virgin Media V6 STB attached. I also have a bluray player on HDMI3 and a FireTV stick on HDMI6. The AVR is connected to a Sony XH9505 TV which automatically detects the BR player and the FireTV and sets them up as separate sources, I have manually setup the VM V6 so that it also has its own source on the TV. I can now select any source via the TV and the selected device will power on and display on the TV even with the AVR switched off (excluding the VM V6 which has to be powered on already), I thought the HDMI passthrough was only meant to work for the HDMI input setup on the AVR but mine works on all inputs. The AVR setup menu only allows one HDMI input to be configured so I dont understand how this is working.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Have I just misunderstood how HDMI passthrough works for all these years?

DavidT

Can anyone confirm if this is normal operation, I will be upgrading my AVR this year and would want the new AVR to behave in the same way.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom