Denon AVR-X2000 On Screen Volume

Johnrobbfl

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have a strange issue. I have a Denon AVR-X2000 and recently upgraded my tv to a Samsung 65JS8500 and now I only get the Denon's on-screen volume display when using my Blu-Ray??? Everything goes through the Denon via hdmi 1.4 cables and the same input is used on the Samsung for everything.

Any suggestions on this?

You've probably not engaged or turned ON the VIDEO CONVERSION setting in association with the sources affected? The onscreen volume is only output by the receiver if this setting is turned ON. The setting can be configured differently for each and every source independently. Switch to the sources one at a time and check that the VIDEO CONVERSION is turned ON from within the VIDEO / OUTPUT SETTINGS. Do this for each and every one of the sources you are having the issue with. It is more than likely that the Blu-ray source already has this setting turned ON hence why it displays the on screen volume?

Last edited:
Thanks, that did the trick! I didn't realize when I went into the Denon's settings it was per-input.

I appreciate the assist!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom