Denon AVR-X1700H or Yamaha RX-V6A?

The Yamaha hasn't had the board upgrade so will have issues with my consoles. I'm reluctant to use eARC due to a known Xbox/Sony TV/Atmos/4k 120HZ issues as I mentioned. So I'm kind of torn on whether or not it's worth unpacking the Yamaha as it would then only sound quality differences I'd be testing....and yes absolutely the most important thing is how it sounds but I'm thinking what I don't know won't hurt me!!! Once the room is painted (this week) and my media cabinet arrives (9th December) I'll set it up but conscious that's almost 2 weeks to compare them :(

Yamaha mosels built and sold since the summer of this year do apparently include the revised HDMI board and chipset and wouldn't require the free upgrade to replace the HDMI chipset. Models built since then had the revised board fitted at the point of manufacture.

Also note that Yamaha issued the firmware update required to facilitate 4K 120Hz and 8K 60Hz over the weekend.

Yamaha mosels built and sold since the summer of this year do apparently include the revised HDMI board and chipset and wouldn't require the free upgrade to replace the HDMI chipset. Models built since then had the revised board fitted at the point of manufacture.
Mine arrived mid-July. I believe there is a way to tell with a sticker next to the barcode or something like that - will take a look.

Unfortunately bit the bullet too early buying receiver and speakers for a room that wasn't ready yet as we were then delayed due to building material shortages causing delays with simple things like windows....Should have been completed in August!

There's a trick you can do to determine whether or not the receiver has had the revised board fitted:

There's a trick you can do to determine whether or not the receiver has had the revised board fitted:

Thanks! Will give it a try!

My Denon has just arrived and although I can't set them up until next weekend...on looks, features I'd use, build quality and compatibility the Denon is in the lead....I may not set up and test the Yamaha at all and sell it as unused. Sorry for anyone hoping for a sound quality comparison but I'd rather not be frustrated with issues and waiting on upcoming updates!

My Denon has just arrived and although I can't set them up until next weekend...on looks, features I'd use, build quality and compatibility the Denon is in the lead....I may not set up and test the Yamaha at all and sell it as unused. Sorry for anyone hoping for a sound quality comparison but I'd rather not be frustrated with issues and waiting on upcoming updates!
Sold the Yamaha today so no chance of a comparison from me I'm afraid - apologies!

@SnowJim the market will not stabilise until 2023...

@SnowJim the market will not stabilise until 2023...
Okay, I'll see how long I can put out with the short sound drops. They was gone for a while then they returned, suspecting that some formats works better then others.

Hi guys ! I bought Denon x1700h a week ago and hooked it up with rtx 3080 and LG CX . It works like a dream .I use hdmi 2.1 Zeskit cable 5m long from pc to avr and TrueHQ 3m from avr to tv . Speaker pc setup 5.1 surround pcm but avr gives you more options like for example adds dolby surround to multichannel .VRR works with no problems at all and when avr is off I use hdmi passthrough and G-sync takes control . For Netflix eArc sends DD+ to avr and ...everybody is happy ;)

The price just went up where I live, now as AVR-X2700H cost 920 EUR and AVC-X3700H about 1400 EUR. Its still hard to get, waiting time are about a month or more. To bad the market for used are so thin now a days.

yes in FRANCE prices for DENONS have increased a lot...REALLY the force of DENON was their PQ ratio...now they are just NOT worth it for that price !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys ! I bought Denon x1700h a week ago and hooked it up with rtx 3080 and LG CX . It works like a dream .I use hdmi 2.1 Zeskit cable 5m long from pc to avr and TrueHQ 3m from avr to tv . Speaker pc setup 5.1 surround pcm but avr gives you more options like for example adds dolby surround to multichannel .VRR works with no problems at all and when avr is off I use hdmi passthrough and G-sync takes control . For Netflix eArc sends DD+ to avr and ...everybody is happy ;)
This is really useful information. I guess you are going into the eARC hdmi on the CX, does this mean that gsync doesn't work when the amp is on. This is how I have it setup but it's hard to notice gsync doing it's thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom