Denon AVR-X1600H cutting out.

Rampage

Hi, my new Denon AVR-X1600H cuts out for a second every time I watch Netflix, video isn’t affected, just the sound disappears for a second. Happens once or twice a night.
it also sometimes does it when I turn the volume up, at around -20 it happens. Something happens in the Receiver when I turn the volume up the first time I turn it up - sounds like a relay closes. Only happens once but it’s the same sound cut out.
if I rewind Nexflix, it doesn’t do it in the same place.
I think it happens in Sky as well but not 100%. Possibly it happens when it goes from quite to people talking.

Connected to Sony TV via arc hdmi and Mission 8 ohm speakers.
Any ideas?

Jester1066

it also sometimes does it when I turn the volume up, at around -20 it happens. Something happens in the Receiver when I turn the volume up the first time I turn it up - sounds like a relay closes. Only happens once but it’s the same sound cut out.
The click is indeed a relay. If you have the ECO Mode on the AVR set to either Auto or ON, this will conserve power, the click you hear, when turning the volume up is the amp coming out of ECO Mode. Try turning ECO Mode off. This could also explain the sound blips in Netflix.

I run my x4500H with ECO Mode Off all the time. Uses only slightly more electricity, but have no issues with sound blips.

Here's what the modes do:

Hope this helps. If not, let me know!

Jester1066

bogart99

Assume your using the ARC connection. I have the same problem with TV/soundbar connection. Live TV is not affected just things like Youtube. Prime Video and Netflix, when I had it. I have changed my cable and is a fully certified one so that is not the problem. Am soon going to buy same AVR as you so I will be interested to see then. I read that some combinations of TV with AVR or soundbar exhibit this problem. I my case there is no consistency, it can happen a few times in a few minutes then that is it for the rest of the evening.

as107

Novice Member
I’ve just had the same problem with the 3700, audio cut out about 3 times during a movie, for about a second each time. Movie was still playing fine.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom