Denon Avr x1600h + 3 or 5 speakers?

Nervx

Hello guys,

I plan tu buy denon Avr x1600h and some speakers. I want to listen music and use it when I watch some movies. I want to set a wireless speaker in my kitchen (heos). The living room has size of 5x3m and I don't have the place to set rear speakers behind my sofa.

I have a total budget of 1000€-1500€ and I want small speakers.

I found lot of people advice dx2 speakers, they seem good but if I can't set rear speakers, is it usefull to have all speakers in the same place? In my situation maybe I should buy x1600h and denon sound bar + sub woofer and plug to it (is it possible?).

Sorry for my approximate English and thank you for your help.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Is X1600H on sale there in France? There is rumours that X1700H would be coming at some point, that means when it´s announced then X1600H should go on sale. Sadly there is no confirmation yet for new model. There is DAB version also for X1600H model.

Triangle speakers are made in France and doesn´t cost too much. I would hope you could consider something like the BR02 size rather than the tiny DX2 if you have floorspace. I think there is 4 finishes available. Just a cheap example of 3.0 system.

Speaker stands are highly recommended:

Then quality subwoofer (search if this is on sale other shops).
Amazon product

Or if that is too expensive then the Polk sub is decent for movies, quite cheap as on sale!

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

How important is music? The Denon is relatively poor at portraying stereo music. For the same financial outlay a good stereo amp that has a digital input for the TV will sound far better for music than any AV amp.

Nervx

Is X1600H on sale there in France? There is rumours that X1700H would be coming at some point, that means when it´s announced then X1600H should go on sale. Sadly there is no confirmation yet for new model. There is DAB version also for X1600H model.

Triangle speakers are made in France and doesn´t cost too much. I would hope you could consider something like the BR02 size rather than the tiny DX2 if you have floorspace. I think there is 4 finishes available. Just a cheap example of 3.0 system.

Speaker stands are highly recommended:

Then quality subwoofer (search if this is on sale other shops).

Amazon product

Or if that is too expensive then the Polk sub is decent for movies, quite cheap as on sale!

Thank you for your help. Yes x1600h is on sale, the same for dab version. Speakers seem good maybe a little bigger than I expected but I keep it in mind and yes the subwoofer is a bit expensive but I don't want to have regrets, I prefere to buy good stuff.

Welcome to the Forum.

How important is music? The Denon is relatively poor at portraying stereo music. For the same financial outlay a good stereo amp that has a digital input for the TV will sound far better for music than any AV amp.

Music is more important than movies. I would like to buy 5.1 amp because one day I will have enough place to set more speakers. Which amp I have to choose for multiroom music, Bluetooth, 5.1 system but good in 3.1 or 2.1 too (for 500/700 euros ) ?

It's very cool to have your help because I'm a noob ^^.

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Stick with av-receiver if you want to build 3.1 / 5.1 and need the multiroom support. Alternative option would be Yamaha`s new RX-V6A. It has multiroom (Music Cast) wireless speaker support and also support for wireless surround speakers (rears), they don´t have speaker wires but do have power cables. You have to find dealer which sells you speakers and receiver, perhaps even subwoofer so you can buy everything from one shop. This way you will get discount as otherwise the receiver price is too high.

For speakers there is lot more options depending what you looking. As you listen music good amount i wouldn´t buy the smallest ones (DX-2). But i also assume you would be able to place them on top of speaker stands and about 2meter apart as a minium as you buy center channel too.

Nervx

I did some search and i think i found what i want. Can you confirm to me :

• The materials is "compatible"
  • Yamaha RX-V4A is similar to Yamaha RX-V6A (the difference is just 5.1 or 7.1)
  • The materials is more for music use than movies
  • I will have good sound :)

Screenshot_20210418_214510_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have to add a Yamaha MusicCast 20 for my kitchen.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I did some search and i think i found what i want. Can you confirm to me :

• The materials is "compatible"
  • Yamaha RX-V4A is similar to Yamaha RX-V6A (the difference is just 5.1 or 7.1)
  • The materials is more for music use than movies
  • I will have good sound :)

View attachment 1497127

I have to add a Yamaha MusicCast 20 for my kitchen.

That dealer doesn´t have the Yamaha receivers until end of July so it would be 3 month wait. Better to look other dealers which carries it and i would still pick the RX-V6A if possible? More power, better room correction, more channels/features so more future proof! Also don`t buy anything without chatting with the hifi store cause you won´t get any discount if you order it from web. Best would be visit and then make good deal at the store.

Few questions.

- Is that speaker size maximum you can consider (SX-50)?

- Where you considered putting them, can you buy speaker stands?

- Can you consider buying better speakers so starting with 2.1 system and add the center channel later? What i mean is you use the money for center channel for better speakers / better receiver.

- That subwoofer is poor. Please don`t buy that! Below Elac subwoofer is lot better and comes with eq app which seems to work great and this is great feature cause it corrects the in-room response. No boomy bass!

Nervx

Yes i saw for July. I just added it to my basket to show you what i want to buy.

If you say it's a need/have to, i will take the RX-V6A. You have reason i will try to negociate the price but with covid virus, all shops are close ;(.

Few questions.

- Is that speaker size maximum you can consider (SX-50)?

- Where you considered putting them, can you buy speaker stands?

- Can you consider buying better speakers so starting with 2.1 system and add the center channel later? What i mean is you use the money for center channel for better speakers / better receiver.

- That subwoofer is poor. Please don`t buy that! Below Elac subwoofer is lot better and comes with eq app which seems to work great and this is great feature cause it corrects the in-room response. No boomy bass!

-Yes i can't have bigger ... or maybe just a little
-I will put them on the floor or on a furniture
-Yes i can or i can increase my budget
-Ah :/ i read it was good to take all the same speakers/subwoofer from the same brand. How do you see that subwoofer has boomy bass ? Do you have other subwoofers references as the Elac ?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yes i saw for July. I just added it to my basket to show you what i want to buy.

If you say it's a need/have to, i will take the RX-V6A. You have reason i will try to negociate the price but with covid virus, all shops are close ;(.

-Yes i can't have bigger ... or maybe just a little
-I will put them on the floor or on a furniture
-Yes i can or i can increase my budget
-Ah :/ i read it was good to take all the same speakers/subwoofer from the same brand. How do you see that subwoofer has boomy bass ? Do you have other subwoofers references as the Elac ?

The hifi shops may be closed for visiting, but they should be open for phone call and internet ordering? So you can still call and talk a better deal (discount).

Ok will check what options you have within that size range. Q Acoustics 3010i is always good option and better looking aswell. Youtube has videos so you see the size better.

qacoustics-3000i-coloours_3.png

Get the speaker stands, that will get them on correct height and you can move them for optimal position! Never put speakers on floor (bookshelf models)! These are good stands i have owned them.

No there is no need to buy matching subwoofer. That is false information! If you look what subwoofer people have in their theaters in most cases they are different brand, it´s often from dedicated subwoofer manufacturer like SVS which is one of the most known (US) company for subwoofers. This is the latest with phone app control, it would be spot on for your room both for music and movies:

Nervx

Thank you for your help, I contacted the shop and they apply discount for my choice. It's perfect !

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom