• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Denon AVR-X1200W vs Denon AVR-X2200W

nugget2014

i am going to upgrade my sony av receiver and want bluetooth, hdmi 2.0a with hdcp2.2 inputs and it to be good for music so i came across these receivers. originally i only looked at the 2200w, didnt know the 1200w had hdmi 2.0a! are there many differences apart from the power? i might not need the extra 15w or so. i have dali zensor 3 speakers with matching centre and some cambridge audio minx min11's and even playing films loud would that be plenty?

i dont mind spending the extra if there was an upgrade in sound quality. but it seems they are the same there and only offer extra power. with my sony 1040 i have no issue in playing anything loud. music or films at around 115db i have maxed it out at before so i should be fine?

just needed some advice on which to go for. seen the 1200w is £299.99 at Superfi and might be reduced to £250 soon in a month or so

dante01

Distinguished Member
As you've already noted, the main differences are that the AVRX1200W lacks the video processing and conversion capabilities associated with and is less powerful than the AVRX2200W. The AVRX2200W not only has the ability to scale video up, but includes the ability to convert analogue composite and component video sources to HDMI. The AVRX2200W also has both component and composite video inputs not present on the AVRX1200W. The AVRX2200W has 2 more HDMI inputs and an additional HDMI output.

You can currently get the AVRX2200W for about £380 while the AVRX1200W is exclusively retailed by SuperFi in the UK and they've not reduced its £299 price.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom