Denon avr-x1000 no stereo sound on digital inputs

vaalmiki

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, This is my first thread in this forum. Yesterday i bought a used Denon AVR-X1000 receiver from a local seller. When i select an airplay, the sound only coming from the right side speaker (my current setup is av receiver, two bookshelf speakers, blu-ray player, sub woofer and a TV). then i tried usb, internet radio, etc... all the digital inputs that it has. but all sources are giving the same result. Only the analog inputs will give the stereo sounds. But if i select sound modes (surround, virtual, matrix etc...) other than stereo or direct then both speakers having sound output even in digital inputs. Anyone having any idea about this issue? actually seller agrees to accept the return and i'm asking this for my knowledge and curiosity.
Apologies for my english since i'm not a native english speaker. Thanks in advance.

There's no real logical reason other than there being a fault with the AV receiver. There are no settings or modes that would result in this or similar behaviour and the speakers and their wiring must be in working order or you'd not be getting anything from the speaker in question while the sources are analogue in nature. I'm no expert, but I'd suggest the fault is at the stage where digu=ital sources are converted to analoge so either an issue with the DAC or the connections from it to the analogue amplification stages? After saying this, most AV receivers digitise analogue inputs so if it were the DAC then you'd still expect some adverse effect even if dealing with analogue sources.

Upvote 0
There's no real logical reason other than there being a fault with the AV receiver. There are no settings or modes that would result in this or similar behaviour and the speakers and their wiring must be in working order or you'd not be getting anything from the speaker in question while the sources are analogue in nature. I'm no expert, but I'd suggest the fault is at the stage where digu=ital sources are converted to analoge so either an issue with the DAC or the connections from it to the analogue amplification stages? After saying this, most AV receivers digitise analogue inputs so if it were the DAC then you'd still expect some adverse effect even if dealing with analogue sources.
Thank you for the reply. Seems that it needs professional repair than playing around with the settings. I did factory reset and firmware update but still no luck. Anyway i will return this to the seller after our covid-19 lock down gets over :)

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom