Denon AVR-X Atmos help

Anthonyy

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello guys, I have a question. Can I have 2 atmos ceiling speakers on the Denon AVR-X2200W 7.2 ?

Yes the Denon AVR-X2200W supports Atmos.
Screenshot 2022-01-17 091048.png

Full technical specifications

Yes: you can assign them as Top Front / Top Middle etc.

Even front height is accepted as an Atmos configuration.

Simple answer is yes. With two ceiling speakers place them above roughly where your knees will be when seated at the main listening position. They are best placed in line with the front left and right speaker. Configure are top middle in the Denon.

Yeah, I know that but it didnt say anything about it supporting 5.1.2 and the back did not layout speakers as height speakers but they were just named as surround and so on...

You need to configure your speakers for 5.1.2.
On the remote press - Setup/Setup Assistant/Speaker Setup

It will ask you what speakers you have. Left and right speakers are there by default as that is the minimum you need.

It will ask if you have Centre YES, Surround YES, Rear Surround NO.
As you answered No to Rear Surrounds it will move on to asking about Height/Ceiling speakers (How many, where they are installed and how you want them configured.)

Finally it will ask if you have a subwoofer. When finished it will run a test tone through each speaker to insure they are connected and working. Then it is time to run Audyssey again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that but it didnt say anything about it supporting 5.1.2 and the back did not layout speakers as height speakers but they were just named as surround and so on...
The Atmos speakers attach to the rear surround binding posts and then you have to configure then as Atmos within the set up menu. The Denon is only capable of supporting a maximum of seven channels in either a 7.1 or a 5.1.2 set up.

The Atmos speakers attach to the rear surround binding posts and then you have to configure then as Atmos within the set up menu. The Denon is only capable of supporting a maximum of seven channels in either a 7.1 or a 5.1.2 set up.
Looks like we were furiously typing away at the same time. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom