Denon AVR X-3300W HDR Video Issue

Gr8One1998

Novice Member
Hi all,

Just joined the forum; I'm having an issue with HDR passing through from my Denon X-3300W to my Sony 75X850D television. I've had the combination for a few years now, and have never had any issue with video passthrough. Recently I hooked up a PS4 Pro and decided to give HDR a shot for the first time. I turned the "enhanced" mode on for the HDMI input on my TV, and at first things were fine. Then suddenly the video signal would cut out - the first couple of times it was brief (TV went blank with the "no video signal" message, then the video signal would return), then it decided to turn off permanently. I then tried my Xbox One S to watch a movie in HDR and the exact same thing happened. I did all the troubleshooting I could find - verified cables were new and 4K 18gbs certified, tried multiple inputs on the TV, reassigned the PS4 and XBOX to the closest HDMI inputs to the output on the AVR, turned the video conversion off, and had no luck. Connecting either the PS4 or XBOX directly to the TV seemed to work just fine, so my gut is telling me there's an issue on the AVR end. I've seen lots of people with similar issues on the net, but can't seem to find any real resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom