Answered Denon AVR with HEOS

meagabyte

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking at anew AV amp and its coming down to the AVR-X4300H vs the X3300 / TBR X3400H.
My question Is about HEOS. I understand that with each of the HEOS speakers you can control them via the app either individually or on their own. But what benefit would having the AVR with built-in HEOS.
Is this only so it can be connected to HOES speakers in a 5,1 / 7.1 configuration, using the HOES sub and the like or would it be used to link to the HOES speakers that are in other rooms?
I'm guessing you wouldn't operate the amp using the HEOS app but the Denon app or actual remote control.
If I don't plan to have any HOES speakers in the same room as the amp Is it worth buying an amp based on whether it has HEOS or not. Even without HOES the X3300 has wifi, Airplay and other ways to play content from a network source.

The HEOS capabilities on these receivers would not relate to utilising HEOS speakers within a surround sound setup and would be used to fascilitate a 2 channel multiform setup. The receiver would act as the source for these additional stereo HEOS zones. You'd need Denon's dedicate HEOS AVR is wanting a surround sound setup consisting of or utilising wireless speakers within the surround sound setup:

HEOS AVR | 5.1 Channel AV Receiver with Wireless Multi-Room Audio - HEOS by Denon

HEOS on the more conventional receivers is there to facilitate a wireless multiroom configuration similar to that you'd associate with Sonos for example.

Hi Dante, ive seen their 5.1 dedicated HEOS amp already. Must admit I am still none the wiser on what you would use the HEOS capability for that comes with the X4300 and X3400.
Sonos seemed to like a central Node but from what ive read, the Heos is all controlled via a phone App so no need for a receiver.
For example, if I have a HEOS speaker in the bedroom and in the kitchen.
Full wired 7.2 in the lounge using the X4300 with all devices on the same network.
How would that AVR interact with the wifi speakers?
would I be able to tell the amp to play music directly to the kitchen or bedroom speaker without pushing sound of out the HT setup?

Its for those who may like the idea of a Sonos like wireless multiroom setup. The receiver facilitates this.

Even without the AVR you can have a Sonos environment by just buying the HEOS speakers.
Then sending music to them via the app. Well so the Denon website says anyway lol.

Even without the AVR you can have a Sonos environment by just buying the HEOS speakers.
Then sending music to them via the app. Well so the Denon website says anyway lol.

Yeah, but including HEOS within the AV receiver allows you to share sources accessible to it or connected to it across the HEOS network.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom