Quantcast

Question Denon AVR-S940H turns on other inputs when chromecasting

fasih

This is an odd issue and I wanted to ask here first if anyone has run into this. I bought a refurbed Denon AVR-S940H and it's been flawless until I noticed an issue.

I have the following input configuration:
* Input 1: Chromecast
* Input 2: PS4
* Input 3: Nintendo Switch

They're all set up to be controlled by the receiver, which is connected to my TV through the HDMI-CEC input. The problem is when the TV & receiver are off, and I Chromecast something from my phone, as the receiver turns on it seems to turn on Input 2, which happens to be my PS4. Input 3 never gets enabled, just Input 2, even if I remove the PS4 from Input 2. This happens 1/3 of the time, and usually after the receiver has been off for a while.

Has anyone ever run into this issue? I can always put the PS4 on another input, but it seems odd that the receiver would send a signal to Input 2 when I trigger an Input 1 device.

gibbsy

This is an odd issue and I wanted to ask here first if anyone has run into this. I bought a refurbed Denon AVR-S940H and it's been flawless until I noticed an issue.

I have the following input configuration:
* Input 1: Chromecast
* Input 2: PS4
* Input 3: Nintendo Switch

They're all set up to be controlled by the receiver, which is connected to my TV through the HDMI-CEC input. The problem is when the TV & receiver are off, and I Chromecast something from my phone, as the receiver turns on it seems to turn on Input 2, which happens to be my PS4. Input 3 never gets enabled, just Input 2, even if I remove the PS4 from Input 2. This happens 1/3 of the time, and usually after the receiver has been off for a while.

Has anyone ever run into this issue? I can always put the PS4 on another input, but it seems odd that the receiver would send a signal to Input 2 when I trigger an Input 1 device.
More than likely it's a CEC issue, it is so unreliable and often has a mind of it's own. I've long ago given up with my Denon receiver and connected Panasonic TV.

Welcome to the Forum.

fasih

Interesting. Didn't know it was unreliable. My receiver is working flawlessly besides that so I'll just switch my input and resolve the 'issue'.

Thank you for the response!

Top Bottom