• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR-S900W speaker set up

chiroken

Novice Member
Hello, I currently have 2 front, 2 rear, centre and sub (will add L/R surround speakers soon) running off my Denon AVR-S900W receiver. Playing blu-rays has sound coming from all speakers. When iPhone or iPod is hooked up on the front USB slot sound only comes from the front 2 and the sub. Can I set the receiver so that is will also play music from the USB port to the 2 rear speakers as well? If so, how do I do this? I'm not overly experienced with the programming of these new fancy receivers and the included set up guide is basic at best. Thanks in advance.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Press one of the coloured buttons on the remote and hold it down until a menu appears onscreen. This menu will give you several options that can be used to process the two channell audio and create pseudo channels for the other speakers. There are Games, Movie and Music options so choose from the menu you think best caters for your needs. For example, there's a multichannel stereo option within the Music modes that would output stereo content via all five of your speakers. Similarly, the Dolby Music ot DTS NEO options would also create surround channels from discrete 2 channel sources.

Last edited:

chiroken

Novice Member
dante01. What I read was "press one of the coloured buttons on the remote...greek, greek, greek....multichannel stereo option...greek, greek, greek" So I hit a coloured button while on USB option and put it to multichannel stereo and voila!!! Sound out all 6 speakers. Thanks tons for the quick reply, my daughter's birthday party starts in 2 1/2 hrs. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom